bbosstjan

• bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      Hey guys.

i'm back. I've been a member of first Pokerstrategy BSS beginner school and I was very pleased to be a part of it.

Our coach was really great and I wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to join another poker school to improve my game.

I feel like I've learned a lot in the first school, however there are still some areas that I need to work on. I'm sure this second school will give me that knowledge and help me advance in my play and limits.

Currently I'm playing at stars on NL5 and Nl10, comfortably sitting at 32buyins.

For more about me just open PTR and type bbosstjan :s_grin:

A link just for me:
      NL Beginners Course - Overview
  • 16 replies
    • Huckebein
      Huckebein
      Bronze
      Hi bbosstjan,

congrats to your successfully finished school and welcome to the Beginners School again! As you are already experienced, it would be great if you help the beginners a little bit :)

Regards
      Huckebein
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      Hey no problem. I'd love to help on the basics.

:D
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      So here we go. Since I can't just be writing in other people's lockerrooms I guess I shoul write something here also.

HOMEWORK #1

I guess there are a lot of different reasons to play poker. I'm not gonna name them all, perhaps just some from the top of my mind. As obvious reason is some extra money for a living, there is not much sense to lose to many words on it. However the other thing is that I am a very competitive person and poker is a game of outsmarting your opponents and beating them out of their money ;D. I have a few friends that also play poker, so learning as much as possible and destroying them on our homegames is always a great thing...hahaha..

Perhaps the biggest weakness when playing poker is the lack of knowledge, since I often find myself in situations where I don't know what to do. I admit that I'm getting better at this, but still, though I was a winning player at NL5, I'm stuggling on NL10. I'm sure that's about to change very soon. :s_biggrin:

I still have troubles in determining when it's good to CB and when not to, The biggest leak I think at the moment is playing a bit too tight, and not beeing able to defend my blinds. Many times I decide to defend my blinds I get kicked in the teeth, so at the moment I'm trying to work on my blinds play. I already watched some videos and read some articles, but one thing is to read about it and another thing is to actually use it in the play.

Palying tight aggressive is just what the word says: choosing your starting hands very carefully (mostly top end of our range), and when we hit our hand go for it aggressively. the reason why this works is because you don't let your opponents a lot chance to take the pot away from you, and in the same time prevents them from drawing cheaply by not giving them the odds to call if our hand is not the absolute nuts.

So here it is. a good intro into this course. At the end of it I hope to achieve a higher level of my game so I won't be a begginner any more.

:s_grin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello bbosstjan,

Would be great if you would mention that it's your Homework #1 as well. :) So in future would be easier to understand what kind of homework you are doing and I'd have the questions. :)

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands. We will start writing feedback to your play. And usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you loose money, you will remember it more than winning part.

Good luck in the Course. Earned your first points.
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      Sorry about that Veriz.

Anyway, is there gonna be a hand-posting section like in previous school or we're just gonna post our hands in the official hand evaluation forum?
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      At least some good news today...

Slovenia kicked Lithuania's ass in basketball 80:66 :D :D :D

I lost 7$ today but this was a good pick-me-up and a good win before Eurobasket which starts in a week.

:s_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by bbosstjan
      Sorry about that Veriz.

Anyway, is there gonna be a hand-posting section like in previous school or we're just gonna post our hands in the official hand evaluation forum?
      Unfortunately nope. You gonna have to use the Hand Evaluation forums. Hopefully it's fine for you. :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

I lost 7$ today but this was a good pick-me-up and a good win before Eurobasket which starts in a week.

Hehe, Estonia won vs Netherlands. :D
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      PokerStars tournament. No 420112552, No Limit Hold'em Freeroll

PokerStars player 35,689
      total prize pool: $ 100000.00 USD

Tournament started 08/27/2011 21:00:00 EDT [8/27/2011 15:00:00 ET]

bbosstjan Hello, you finished the tournament in 657th place.

PokerStars cash to your account has been credited in the amount of prize $ 40.00.

Congratulations!

Thank you for your cooperation.

• veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Woohooo! Nice. :)
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze

Just wait.... wait and you'll see who will get medals at their own home :s_cool:
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      @staktas:

prop bet: 10$ -> Lithuania will NOT win a medal at Eurobasket 2011?

Are you in or out?
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Id say not fair. 10$ prop bet Lithuania will perform better than Slovenia?
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      well you were talking about winning the medal not me... :f_biggrin:

Nah mate...Slovenia has one of the weakest teams in the last 10 years. I'm not betting on us making it to the quarterfinals, but I am hoping for the best. :tongue:
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      hey veriz.

sorry I haven't been doing my work here, but real life has a way of getting in the way of pokerlife sometimes. Anyway lately I haven't been putting much volume in (this month only about 12k hands).

After railing a Slovenian guy finishing in 4.th place in 530$ HU WCOOP I got motivated for a try in few HU SNG. Here's what came out of it:

:s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello bbosstjan,

Well, as I can see you played super-turbos. :D Which have just super-huge variance if you don't play them enough and I would rather advice you to avoid them. :D Obviously now and then it's totally fine even to play one or two. :) They are great entertainment value. HU ROCKS!

Best regards.