Gerovit

• Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Hello,

i am Milan from Serbia. I play sng's but i likle to learn more about cash games, so i can improve my postflop skills and also play cg in near future.
      I look forward to learn from great ps.com coaches!

Cheers.
  • 5 replies
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Home work No1

1. I want to achieve financial stability while doing something i am pasioante about, where i get to decide on my working hours, and my success is solely in my own hands (and gods of variance to some extent of course :f_cry: )

2. I tend to play over-aggressive when i suffer from couple of successive bad beats
      Sometimes i play for too many hours and i loose my focus and miss profitable spots.
      I have lack of motivation to review my game after losing session

3. Tight aggressive is a player who plays only selective premium or well playable hands, but when playing them tend to bet or raise rather then call. Tag also have positional awareness and use positional advantage when playing this hands.
      This allows TAG to take pot either by make villains to fold or go to Sd with better hands then villain.
    • Huckebein
      Huckebein
      Bronze
      Hi Gerovit,

welcome to the course! I am pretty sure you will improve your game!

Best
      Huckebein
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Gerovit,

True that poker is a good way to earn money. It's even a good hobby. A lot of good gamers or even chess players have switched to Poker just for the reason that you can earn pretty solid winnings of it. For example well known player "ElkY" who used to play starcraft.

As I see you suffer on tilt time to time. Easiest wait to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own wanting. Some may put it higher, some lower. And after the stop you can easily just spend some time with evaluating your play.

Best regards.
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Hey Veriz,

thank you for your advices i actually use stop-loss technique, often go to play basketball after tough session, relax with music etc. and i see a lot of improvement every day and slowly accept gods of variance as supreme power :f_cry:

Thanks for welcoming me and i think this is great idea i hope you will continue with more advanced, well structured courses in near future (eg when we graduate :) )

Regards,

Milan.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Doing sports helps me a lot. I do visit the gym or as well even like to play basketball. After a sports sessions I am always in a good mood and will be able to play again. :) Even watching some movies or listening to music helps as well.

Poker is really cruel sometimes but you can't avoid that. Only thing you can do is that you have to find a way to fight against it rather than think "oh again I am loosing, again I am playing badly". But rather don't force yourself into such thinking. Try to find a way how you can fix that kind of play or thinking so you would become better. Of course it's really easy to write for me such sentences but I can mainly talk just from my own experience and what did help me and how I did try to fix that.

Good luck anyways!