Iljaronaldo

• Iljaronaldo
      Iljaronaldo
      Bronze
      Hi,
      i play Poker now for about 1 1/2 year. I made some breaks and now i´m playing the 3.50$ FR SnGs on Stars.
      I hope this course will help me improve my mindset and help me succesfully switching to NL BSS.
  • 5 replies
    • Iljaronaldo
      Iljaronaldo
      Bronze
      What is your motivation for playing poker?

The main reason is to earn enough money to buy whatever I want to.
      For me it´s not only the money but also important to be known and respected by other good players in the community.

What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I think my main problem is the motivation. Sometimes it´s very hard for me to get myself to play poker but sometimes i play all day.

I didn´t play that much hands on CG tables(MTT and SnGs). I noticed that often as soon as i get on a CG table, I try to outplay people too much and often play to Laggy for the microlimits. Sometimes it´s hard for me to think of my opponents ranges, especially on Sh tables, because i´m not used to play SH very deep. I guess it´s because i don´t have that much expirience playing NL-CG.

What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?

You play only strong hands that are ahead/dominates your opponents ranges. You play the hands aggressive to get the most value of worse hands.
      The strategy works because most of the bad players play to much hands, often gets dominated by your range and pay you out.
    • Huckebein
      Huckebein
      Bronze
      Hi Iljaronaldo,

thanks for your introduction and welcome to the Beginners Course!

Cheers
      Huckebein
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Iljaronaldo,

It will definitely help you to improve your mindset. But try staying on one variant and try to learn it. As you have right now the chance to learn NL then try it to go for maximum.

Have you ever tried setting up a plan. Like play every day on specific time like 1h of poker? This might help you get some motivation. :) For some it does work. Although if you are a working person then it might become a bit harder for you. But you can always do that before the work or after the work.

Best regards.
    • Iljaronaldo
      Iljaronaldo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Iljaronaldo,

It will definitely help you to improve your mindset. But try staying on one variant and try to learn it. As you have right now the chance to learn NL then try it to go for maximum.

Have you ever tried setting up a plan. Like play every day on specific time like 1h of poker? This might help you get some motivation. :) For some it does work. Although if you are a working person then it might become a bit harder for you. But you can always do that before the work or after the work.

Best regards.
      Hi,

i had a plan during my 2 months holidays and really played almost every day. But now the school started again, so i don´t have that much time, thats why i prefer CG instead of SnGs, because i can quit any time i have to.

I´ll try to manage my time more. I think i´ll have more time. It was kind of stressfull the last two weeks but now it should be better.

Thx for your help anyway ;)

Btw.: I didn´t have the time to follow the coaching yesterday and can´t find the video in the videosection?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yeah, that's usually the problem with SnGs. You have to have some longer time to play them not just few hours. You will never know how long is a sng going to last or MTT. CG you can easily quit whenever you want, just wait for the blind and sit-out. :D

It will be available, at least the last school coaching video. :) Just stay tuned.