Gambleallin :)

• gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      HI-ALL!
      i've been playing on stars since full tilt's been down :( $550 roll.. any way back to stars, playing all differnt stakes up to 25/50 cap. which i had big swings in. all ways getting sucked out on by fish and tilting off all my hard ernt grinding profit !!!! :/
      i do win a lot of hands, but make to many bad calls or ill timed bluffs too. even some times when ive read his hand to the cards, and have to prove my self right lol..WHY!! obv.
      i have a steady bankroll, even tho on a bit of a slide at the mo, and going back to bacics :) it could'nt hurt to brush up on some things and learn the things i've missed!
      looking foward to it P-S thanks you!
      p.s hope i have done this right! ;)
  • 3 replies
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hey there gambleallin,

Welcome to the NL Beginners' Course!

Getting back to basics once in a while is the mark of a great player, because it recognizes that you always have something that you can learn!

I know you'll be a huge success in this course and wish you the best of luck!

Marc
    • gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

My motivation for playing poker is to be a winning player in the long run, as well as now. to try and find all my leaks and slove them! i think every player in the world is still learning and will carry on doing so, as long as they keep playing poker...

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

Tlits a big one, bad frame of mind but still burn my money off. i am quite lazy when it comes to the math, going more on gut! and get obessed about what my bank roll was, rather then what it is at the time!!
      i/e - loseing a bit and chaseing to get it back, loseing more normally.
      - and moving up stakes looking for a quick double up to get it back
      Ive never used stats ethier, which probly i should?

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?

I think it means you only play very few hands 9% maybe? but when you do play a hand its pretty much raise and all-in. you play them strong and till the end TAG?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gambleallin,

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own wanting. Some may put it higher, some lower. And after the stop you can easily just spend some time with evaluating your play.

Also it seems that you have difficulties with BRM. Which in long run will definitely affect your bankroll and you might even go busto if you don't find a solution for that. Stick to the BRM! Even 25BIs is a bit aggressive BRM.

Stats are very useful. Although I wouldn't say like they are must at the beginning of learning path. But of course you can always use them if you are able to like with Elephant for free. :)

Welcome to the Course and Good luck! First points earned.