[NL2-NL10] Dream flop and dreaded min c/r on turn

• trickybob
      trickybob
      Bronze
      Villain is 43/4 with 3bet of 1 and AF of 3.3. His preflop passivity was matched by huge turn and river aggro - AFs of 8 and 3 respectively. 250 hands.
      I dont like my raise on river at all but should I find a fold here on turn?
      TY
      And thanks Veriz for the advice on previous hands - it is really helpful.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      BB ($10.48)
      ($3.26)
      UTG ($13.25)
      UTG+1 ($2)
      Hero ($22.90)
      CO ($5.88)

BB posts (SB) $0.05

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: 8:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.35, fold, BB calls $0.30, fold

FLOP ($0.80) 6:heart: 8:club: 8:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, BB calls $0.60

TURN ($2) 6:heart: 8:club: 8:spade: J:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB raises to $3, Hero calls $1.50

RIVER ($8) 6:heart: 8:club: 8:spade: J:spade: 4:spade:

BB bets $4.30, Hero raises to $16.75, BB calls $2.23 (AI)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello trickybob,

What do you think what kind of hands could he have played this way? According his VPIP/PFR he might sometimes even play this way any kind of overpairs.

As you said yourself he is very aggressive on turn & river which could say that he might even have semi-bluffs on turn. Therefore I wouldn't lay it down either on turn. But rather the question is how we should proceed on river. Taking into account his aggression I guess I wouldn't be able to lay it down if it's some blank. Since we still have to add semi-bluffs into his range. But as you see FD completes and even 57 from his VPIP is possible which completes as well. Therefore we most likely have to hope that he has any kind of worse 8x hand or some trappy overpair.

For conclusion as we take into account that he may still have even worse 8x hands, also maybe even slowplayed overpairs I doubt that I would fold here. Most likely would have played the same vs such an aggressive opponent.

Best regards.