cpers

• cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Hi everyone. Just begun playing poker 4 months ago. Oh right, I tried to join previous course, but have to withdraw to limited bankroll. Hmm...I'm not a winning player yet. More like a break-even player. Don't like money very much.
      This probably my biggest leaks :f_biggrin:
  • 140 replies
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Hi coaches,

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

Well It's for fun of course. Also I love to study a lot. And there's a lot to learn on poker plus a benefit that other things do not have which is money. Also I kinda consider this as a semi-theraphy, like I said in the previous post that I don't like money very much(I mean a bit loose on money) and in poker you can't be a winner if you get money oriented or loose on money you need to have a good balance when it comes to money.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I can only play a couple of hours a day. And because I can only play on a limited time due to this a lot of times I play a bit loose and play when I'm tired. I think I tilt easily when I'm tired. Since I'm a bit loose on money I'm easier to provoke to go all-in especially when I'm tilting. Oh yeah I play better when my BR down to 5 BI.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?

TAG: tight/aggressive preflop aggressive postflop. Preflop: play with a selective card and be the open-raiser/aggressor as much as you can with your hand. Postflop: Of course it depends on the opp type, but basically play aggressive post flop.

Why it works?

I think there are 2 reason behind it:

1. fish.
      2. hud.

Well because there's hud there's table image in online poker. And when you have a tight image good player(people who use hud) would hesitate to play with you, and would fold easily postflop. On the other hand fish(people who doesn't use hud) would become TAG's food postflop.

Of course the main reason would be because you have an equity advantage when you enter the hand. But I think those 2 reason are the very reason why it is so profitable.

Thanks,
      cpers
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Not sure whether I have to post link that I posted today. Anyway here's the link:

NL2 - FR - JJ - overplayed 1
      NL2 - FR - JJ - overplayed 2
      NL2 - FR - AQ - nice play?
      NL2 - FR - 55 - overbet multiway pot
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

I rarely doubt that you are playing better poker if you are down like 5BIs. :( For to avoid being down that much I would really advice you to put the stop-loss for your sessions. Being down like 5BIs may hurt your BR very easily unless you move up the limits with nitty BRM.

Good luck in the Course. Earned your first points.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      I know that I'm not saying I'm playing 5BI on purpose. I also use stop limit. Like I said I'm loose on money. Let me rephrase it this way I play worse/looser when I have bigger bankroll. In order to kinda fix this leak I play 2 tables so I could play a bit tighter.

Just tried to play without a hud like you suggest in the past live coaching.
      I think I play better even though got no clue which one is fish :f_biggrin:

Oh yeah where's yesterday live coaching video?

Thanks for the point veriz.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Still needs to be processed and uploaded (the coaching).

Maybe try just putting a specific sample for stats when they come up. :) Like 100 hands? Then would at least have the opportunity to still play without stats at the beginning.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      8/24 Hand Eval:

NL2 - FR - 99 - MS push AI
      NL2 - FR - Q8s - limped pot

Evaluate somebody's hand but not in the hand eval forum:

how to play KK on an A high flop
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Very good work. How do you like so far? Any ideas what we should change in the Course? As far you have been with last one you might have good ideas.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      8/26 Hand Eval:

NL2 - FR - AKs - vs bigger raise
      NL2 - FR - 55 - shove on monotone board
      NL2 - FR - Q8 - TAG and FISH
      NL2 - FR - K6 - ch flop b turn
      NL2 - FR - AK - call river with high card

I like it so far. Although there's one thing that I think you should change. You should record all live coaching. Because what you talk with the student is a lesson too imo. Well it's a lot more valuable actually. Since the lesson/articles is already available in the first place. So even if there's no new material with previous class it'd be nice if ps decide to record those too. For one thing I don't think your suggestion not to use hud for beginners would be in the video if nobody asks about it in the coaching. And so far it's the most valuable information that I got from this course.

My suggestion why not record it keep it until the course ends than delete those video or use it for future course if it's better than the last course.

Simple question:

It's been bugging me for a while. Basically I know what TPTK, TPGK, TPWK.
      But I'm not sure about the kicker though. Could you explain to me about it? Is T WK or GK? :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

We are actually recording all the sessions and trying to use the best one. Hopefully this time I will be able to hold the same Math Coaching as I did last time. :)

It's been bugging me for a while. Basically I know what TPTK, TPGK, TPWK.
      But I'm not sure about the kicker though. Could you explain to me about it? Is T WK or GK?

TPTK - Top Pair Top Kicker
      TPGK - Top Pair Great Kicker
      TPWK - Top Pair Weak Kicker
      TPBK - Top Pair Bad Kicker

Best regards.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

TPTK - Top Pair Top Kicker
      TPGK - Top Pair Great Kicker
      TPWK - Top Pair Weak Kicker
      TPBK - Top Pair Bad Kicker

Best regards.
      I know about this. What I want to know is which one is TK, GK, WK, BK.
      Here's my guess:
      TK: A
      GK: K
      WK: Q-T
      BK: 9-2
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Easiest way is to put them just TPTK, TPGK and TPWK. Which for me for example would be:
      AK on Axx board (TPTK)
      AQ-AT on Axx board (TPGK)
      A9-A2 on Axx board (TPWK)

Or something similar. We could also put even TPGK to AJ. There ain't a specific rule for that as far I know. :D
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Is calculating outs and compare them with pot odds is still usable?
      Because when I read the forum seems to me everyone use equity not outs.
      I know equity is a lot better because outs only calculate where you hit a draw or not. And probably not possible to calculate equity during hands. Do you use both of them or just use equity? When do you use them?

8/29

NL2 - FR - KQs - BB vs EP limp
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Mostly equity. :) Which I do prefer. Equity practically = odds. For example we get odds 1:3 which means 33% equity. :P
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Since we can only guess equity during hand. I guess I'm gonna have to memorize equity on some common situation. Any suggestion on what common situation that I should try to memorize the equity?

Pot size raise: 3x opponents bet + pot
      If there's one caller to opp. bet should we make our pot size raise to 4x opponents bet + pot?

Btw where's lesson 2 link? I can't seem to find it. Also what about last week lesson 1 video, you said you're gonna upload that too?
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      8/30 Hand Eval:

JJ against super aggro opponent

What do you think about my evaluation above?
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Just watched the coaching, and one thing bugs my mind. Great coach btw:f_thumbsup:
      I noticed something that other seems to miss not to ask about it. The hand where you 3b against a min-raise with AK preflop. Why do you 3 betting with pot-size raise instead of the usual 3.5x~4x against a min-raise?
      Is it to get higher fold equity? Can we use it for value? What sort of other holecards that you suggest with pot-size raise preflop?
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      9/1 Hand Eval:

NL2 - FR - T8s - AI Flop
      NL2 - FR - KT - villain turn bet
      NL2 - FR - AQs - leaks and semi-bluff
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than how it is in the
      BSS Starting Hands Chart, and why?

# KK+ EP folded: Instead of raise maybe limp/raise or all-in.

Why?
      Because most player gonna fold whenever we raise from EP. In the end all
      we could win with this raise are just blinds. So why not we just limp, and
      whenever somebody raise we could 3 bet them or even go all-in directly. This
      way we could win more than just blinds. However the problems exists when the
      other players limp behind. Of course our hand is the best preflop, but now
      we're unsure about our stand on flop. In order to minimize our loss we need
      to play it like when we go for set value. So we fold whenever we don't hit a
      set. Of course we could still play it if we have a good postflop skill. I don't
      know whether it's a good strategy or not since I never play my aces like this.
      But I think it's worth a try.

# AQs-ATs MP raised: Instead of fold maybe call 20

Why?
      The same strategy like call 20. If I'm not mistaken the probability hit a
      flush or flushdraw on flop:

3*((11/50.)*(10/49.)*(48/48.))+3*((11/50.)*(10/49.)*(9/48.)) = 16% or 5.25:1

So definitely higher than set's 12% or 7.5:1 so I think if it's profitable for
      set mining it's definitely profitable for flush mining. Of course this can only
      be done if we have good postflop skill since the probability hitting a flush are
      like 2.5% or 39:1 and it's pretty obvious when you hit your draw to the villains.

# 99-22 EP folded: Instead of fold I prefer to limp, raise, or fold.

Why?
      Because basically we can still go for set mining. Although I have some doubts
      about this because if you limp too much, good player going to notice that we
      limp only for set value. So I think we need to mix it up with raise when we have
      tight image, and fold when we have passive image preflop. And another thing if
      our limp got raised and we hit bottom set on the flop with faces cards. The
      probability that another player hit higher set are pretty high especially when
      we have tight image. So I'm pretty unsure about this. I guess this could be
      one of my leaks since I do this in my play. Maybe you could talk me out not
      to do this.

Question 2: Post a hand for evaluation where you have a question regarding
      your pre-flop play.

Here's the link:

NL2 - FR - AQs - Homework 2

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range?
      5% means: 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo?

I give up! :f_confused: I tried to calculate it manually but there's too many outcomes.
      Don't think I could ever do it from preflop. Hehe..
      Anyway here's the one from Equilab:

Equity Win Tie
      UTG 46.32% 37.92% 8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1 53.68% 45.27% 8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      9/2 Hand Eval:

NL2 - FR - 66 - pot raise pot commited