Stack
      SB:
      $1.92
      Hero:
      $2.17
      MP3:
      $1.98

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:heart: , J:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 raises to $0.24, 2 folds, SB calls $0.23, BB folds, Hero calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.74) 8:club: , 7:club: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.55, MP3 raises to $1.74 (All-In), 2 folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $1.84

I'm completely lost on this one. I'm sure that 4bet preflop isn't right. MP3 is kinda tight. Should i fold jacks to his 3bet?

I called.I have an overpair on the flop. I decided to donk, to know where i stand. I think my fold is good on the flop, because i can't see that he do that with worse hands like 99, TT or even AK...

But what play would be optimal with jacks here?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello staktas,

The problem here is that vs such a nitty range we most likely are behind and not a huge fan of even donking the flop. I would rather Check it and be happy if I see a free card which will just tell us that we are behind. If he is betting then most likely we are also behind since I don't expect him to bet anyways into multiway pot without a made hand. But as played nothing much to add, I don't think that you beat much.

Best regards.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Ok, but preflop call was fine?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by staktas
      Ok, but preflop call was fine?
      We are getting ~15:1 so shouldn't be a huge problem. In 3bet pot we can make such calls.