• 5 replies
    • IngridN
      Hi Rap1d007,

Welcome to our Beginners Course!

Wish you best of luck with your studies and see you on the forum :)

• Rap1d007
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      My main motivation for playing poker was at first money, later on I found out more about game and I enjoy playing it alot. When u make correct decisions its really rewarding feeling - of course mostly when I win. I would like to get much better than playing micro stakes to have poker like great hobby with money making potential :)

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      Im playing online poker like 3 years, but Im still breakeven beginner so of course I have lot of weaknesses. About some I know, some are hidden :D First category includes playing for short term profit and from this I go on tilt easily, not playing with proper BRM, changing poker formats. Sometimes Im on scared money other times I play like crazy without thinking. At cashgames Im loose and like to gamble and see flops. I call too much and make bluffs in wrong time. In MTTs its another story, when Im deep in tourney Im scared and Im biggest nit on table because I feel like some regulars can overplay me :( There is another category of mistakes... Learning: I loose concetration easily and reading articles without in-depth understanding. Im lazy to post hands... Actually I havent posted single hand :( SHAME ON ME lol. I like to clear bonuses, so I play too many tables like robot with ABC poker.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?
      Tight aggressive describes strategy about playing selectively with initiative. Choosing most profitable hands and spots + playing them with betting and raising. Its opposite of pasive approuch which is bad and loosing. Fish uses this "strategy" so we can beat them with TAG strategy.
    • BigOVERBET
    • Rap1d007
      Yeah, Im sometimes not so serious and playing "for fun" or gamble I would say...
    • veriz
      Hello Rap1d007,

Easiest wait to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own wanting. Some may put it higher, some lower. And after the stop you can easily just spend some time with evaluating your play.

BRM is the ABC for poker so try to avoid not sticking to that. If you can't stick to that then no wonder that you are a break-even player. :(

Most of the other weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands. We will start writing feedback to your play. And usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you loose money, you will remember it more than winning part.

Welcome to the Course and Best of luck! First points earned.