Holidej

• Holidej
      Holidej
      Bronze
      Hello, my name is Milos, and I'm from Serbia. Playing NL2 FR on partypoker, and developing to slow in my opinion. So I think guided learning will help me improve my game faster especially with such great players and experienced coaches. Have some knowledge from strategy articles so with some work I should be successful in final exam.
      Why I play poker? Well my dream always was to live from cards :f_biggrin:
  • 9 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Milos,

Welcome to our Beginners Course!

I play nl2 6 max and some HU :)

I'm sure you'll learn a heck of a lot with this school and looking forward to see you on the forum.

give us a shout in case of question
      Ingrid
    • Holidej
      Holidej
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      Money and excitement.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      I think most of them are psychological. To often wan't to see showdown, don't trust opponent think his bluffing and go broke, and I'm to impatient, wan't fast wins, in small number of hands, and advancement through limits.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?
      Playing hands with maximum EV and be agressive on right spots.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Holidej,

Most of the other weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands. We will start writing feedback to your play. And usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you loose money, you will remember it more than winning part.

But what about tilting? Do you have any adjustments for it?

Welcome to the Course and Best of luck! First points earned.
    • Holidej
      Holidej
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      But what about tilting? Do you have any adjustments for it?
      I lost few buy ins because of tilt, but I'm aware of that, and i think its not big problem because usualy I am calm. And of course I have stop loss-limit.

I posted some hands, and I will some more. I think gonna spend more time analysing my game and playing. Because I'm from those people who spend more time in reading theory than looking for own mistakes :f_cry:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Analyzing the game is the ABC for poker as well as the BRM. :) Without it you can't fix your huge leaks.

Also it's good that you already are familiar with stop-loss. Good to know.

Will be waiting for more hands to analyze.
    • Holidej
      Holidej
      Bronze
      Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than how it is in the BSS Starting Hands Chart, and why?
      Off course we can play differently than in SHC from late position in situations: Blind stealing and isolating a limper, where we could pretty much loosen up our range, I think as far as we feel comfortable and our post flop knowledge allows us.
      One thing I don't understand: why can't we limp with pocket pairs from EP? I guess it's because in case off 3-bet we must fold but on Nl2 that's(3-bet) happening so rarely. And in Advanced Openraising Chart we can raise from UTG1 77+,that's so contradictory.
      And can you tell me something more about 3-betting? I think in SHC it'c to tight,we can only re-raise QQ+,AK. There's one nice 3-betting chart in section mid stack strategy, can we BSStrategyst use it?

Question 2: Post a hand for evaluation where you have a question regarding your pre-flop play.
      Blind battle NL2 FR

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means: 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo? ( You can either calculate this yourself or use an equity calculator such as the PokerStrategy.com Equilab)

Equity Win Tie
      MP2 46.32% 37.92% 8.41% { AdKh }
      MP3 53.68% 45.27% 8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

How can we calculate equity by ourself?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Totally agree with you about the stealing ranges. They can be very easily be balanced with even wider range. Depending on the opponent you can as well put a wider stealing range. Against some shorties you can even steal with smaller raise. But don't overdo the stealing situations. Sometimes you might just put yourself into too many difficult spots if opening with marginal hands.

Playing PPs can be in long run actually be very profitable, we could even say that you earn the most money with them. You can always try out either you play them profitable or not by check the programs either you are doing great on early position with PPs or not and base according to that.

BSS can't really allow to have a good 3bet chart since you can't create it for 100BB. The chart would be way too long. In MSS you practically even don't have to take into account the opponent, just the position. But in BSS you have to take into account the opponent. You can't be sure if you doing the 3bet for value with JJ-QQ or even AK or rather just as bluff. In different situations we act differently. Most likely you will get the understanding with practice and experience.

Hopefully you enjoy the School so far. Some more points earned.
    • Holidej
      Holidej
      Bronze
      Question 1: You are holding K :spade: Q :spade: . What is your preflop equity against an opponent who has 3 :diamond: 3 :club: ? How does the equity change on the following flop: J :spade: 5 :diamond: 3 :spade: ?

My preflop equity:

Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    50.78%  50.40%   0.38% { KsQs }
      MP3    49.22%  48.84%   0.38% { 3d3c }

My postflop equity:

Board: J:spade: 5:diamond: 3:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    26.46%  26.46%   0.00% { KsQs }
      MP3    73.54%  73.54%   0.00% { 3d3c }

Question 2: What would you do in the following hand?
      Call. We have pot odds 4:1, and our odds for flash are 4:1. I think we could call even if villain raise was a little bigger because he probably has straight and would invest more money on river, so we have implied pot odds.

Question 3: Post a hand for evaluation where you have a question regarding your post-flop play.

KK nl2 fr
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #3 Done!

About Question #3:
      There are few situations on turn:
      a) If we take just odds for the FD and we take into account that all our odds are clean. There which means:
      Total Pot = $0,91 ; We have to Call = $0,22 -> According to that it means we are getting ~4,16:1 odds. For flushdraw we would need 4:1. Which tells us that we are getting perfect odds.
      b) If we consider the opponent having sets here:
      Which means we have to discount outs, for example 6 and also 3. Which means we have 7 clean outs. Which means that we need 6:1 odds. That tells us that we need ~$0,41 on river to make it profitable. If we expect the opponent being loose enough and being able to pay us no-matter what then we can do the Call here properly.
      c) We might even have overcards as outs or even 4 as a out:
      Although this kind of situation ain't that likely. I'd rather discount that one and either pick a) or b). Most likely towards Call.

You are doing great progress! Some more points earned.