hingpoker

• 9 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi hingpoker,

Welcome to our Beginners Course!

I think you came to the right place ;)

Wish you best of luck with your game and studies!

Looking forward to see you on the forum
      Ingrid
    • hingpoker
      hingpoker
      Bronze
      Question 1: My reason for playing poker is to make a decent amount of money while studying, and possibly carry it on further.

Question 2: I get tilted after playing for a while, such as playing hands that i shouldnt be playing, bluffing cause i get bored and not being able to fold a hand such as top pair even though i know they probably have me beat. Recently, i've been working on my tilting and it doesn't happen as often now.

Question 3: To play tight-aggressive, is playing only the top hands. When you do play a hand then you should be playing them aggresively. This works because it makes decisions easier, post-flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello hingpoker,

Easiest wait to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own wanting. Some may put it higher, some lower. And after the stop you can easily just spend some time with evaluating your play.

You have to find a way to fight against boredom. Some are opening more tables, some may fight against the boredom by forcing themselves and saying to themselves that they are here to work and not just have fun. Try to find the way for yourself. For example after every session if you did great and was motivated enough then allow yourself something good. :P Later on if you become better in poker then after some time you can allow yourself some money to withdraw and buy something nice.

Welcome to the Course and Best of luck! First points earned.
    • hingpoker
      hingpoker
      Bronze
      Question 1: Normally i almost always play AQ, AJ and AT, even possibly 3 betting with them preflop. I'm going to try following the SHC and see where it takes me for now. And i would possibly play suited 1 gapers on the BU depending on who im playing.

Question 2: How should i have played this?

Question 3: 46.3%, how would i calculate this myself?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Those kind of AT-AQ hands are pretty marginal to play. The case with them is always that even if you got for 3bet then it's often the case that you can't do it for value. But rather your plan will be to 3bet/Fold.

Also rather isolate with those kind of gappers than just limp in. Taking the initiative may pay you off a lot in long run if we are against some fit/Fold opponents.

Hopefully you enjoy the School so far. Some more points earned.
    • hingpoker
      hingpoker
      Bronze
      Question 1: Preflop-50.6%, Flop-26.5%

Question 2: I would fold as you would need 4:1 to call, and the players in front of you have both demonstrated strength with a raise and a reraise.

Question 3: Wrong play?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #3 Done!

About Question #3:
      There are few situations on turn:
      a) If we take just odds for the FD and we take into account that all our odds are clean. There which means:
      Total Pot = $0,91 ; We have to Call = $0,22 -> According to that it means we are getting ~4,16:1 odds. For flushdraw we would need 4:1. Which tells us that we are getting perfect odds.
      b) If we consider the opponent having sets here:
      Which means we have to discount outs, for example 6 and also 3. Which means we have 7 clean outs. Which means that we need 6:1 odds. That tells us that we need ~$0,41 on river to make it profitable. If we expect the opponent being loose enough and being able to pay us no-matter what then we can do the Call here properly.
      c) We might even have overcards as outs or even 4 as a out:
      Although this kind of situation ain't that likely. I'd rather discount that one and either pick a) or b). Most likely towards Call.

You are doing great progress! Some more points earned.
    • hingpoker
      hingpoker
      Bronze
      Question 1: At

Question 2: nl10 fr QQ

Question 3: 41.4%
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #4 Done!

This weeks homework was a bit easier. But the idea of that is to help you go through last weeks stuff if you didn't go through everything. Or either way maybe even read some more articles, watch some videos and of course attend in the coaching. What will also help for your game is the evaluation part of other members hands and of course posting your own hands.

If you have interests you could try calculating the equity with a formula which you can use even on tables(either playing online or live poker):
      (Amount of outs x 4) – (Amount of outs – 8) = Your Equity

About Question #3:

Board: J:spade: 9:club: 8:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    41.41%  41.41%   0.00% { KsQd }
      UTG+1  58.59%  58.59%   0.00% { 7h7c }

Hopefully this wasn't too easy homework for you. Some more points earned.