Yoghurt1973

• 13 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Yoghurt!! :D :D :D looove your name :heart:

welcome to our Beginners Course!

Wish you best of luck at the tables and with your studies!

Ingrid
    • Yoghurt1973
      Yoghurt1973
      Bronze
      Dank je IngridN :D
      Nice intro, :heart: that.

Wil me huiswerk binnenkort inleveren. Ik heb wel een probleempje betreffende "het paswoord" dat gevraagd wordt, maar ik niet heb. Kan je me dat aanleveren?

Grtz. Yoghurt((negentiendrieënzeventig)random# btw ;) ))
    • Nordin
      Nordin
      Bronze
      Hey Yoghurt, this is the English forum and I don't think they do understand a lot of Dutch. So it might be easier to ask for your Beginners Course password in English. :)
    • Yoghurt1973
      Yoghurt1973
      Bronze
      Can someone please give me the password for this course. TYVM.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Yoghurt1973
      Can someone please give me the password for this course. TYVM.
      You don't need any password anymore. Everything is in the overview article:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1992/1/

Soon the forum will be removed (last Poker School Course). This one of course will say. :)
    • Yoghurt1973
      Yoghurt1973
      Bronze
      HOMEWORK Lesson 1

Q1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      A1: Making money is the short answere.

Q2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      A2: My weakness is that i am sometimes playing tired, this happens most of the time on days i have to work. My decisions become weaker. I think basically calling to much and be overagressive against the wrong players are the main mistakes also the danger of tilt is more prominent when your mind is not balanced. I made this mistakes more than nowadays and i also monitor myself better, but it still happens from time to time.

Handeling variance is the other part of poker i don't like that much and that's basically i havent put enough studies into BSS in the past. I still get crumpy sometimes when having a bad session and this also affects my mood after a poker session from time to time and that's a big no no for me. Also i used to play very profitable SSS and this held me back studying BSS. Nowadays i play 50NLCAP games on Stars. (lost of people from russia and belarus btw playing that game). I think studing hard, only play when I feel good and having a stop/loss might to the trick to become succesfull.

Q3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?
      A3: Actually the answere is already in the question. You play tight, agressive and position.

So what's tight in my opinion? VPIP 10% from EP, 15% MP and 25% from LP, 20% from the blinds, talking FR. The winning players on FR on average have a VPIP between 7% and 15%. Being tight in SH games i think is not VPIP more than 23%

Being agressive, means raising and not calling preflop and betting, raising and folding rather than calling post plop. AF somewhere between 2 and 4 is good, better on the high end.

Position i think is most important thing in NLHE. If you want to enter pots you do this in late position so your last to act postflop and have a big advantage over your opponent. You want to buy the button or being the button, i have to acknowledge i also try to steal from HJ a lot when i only got tight players left behind me and the blinds folding a lot. You can be a lot more agressive and looser from late position and steal and control pots much better.

I think this is for now enough, you guys have more things to do than reading my post, but i am willing to discuss more on the homework of course.

Regards,

Yoghurt1973
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Yoghurt1973,

Playing tired can cause a lot problems. Usually you are more moody when tired and get more easily angry. Which means you get easily tilty which is towards you playing less your A-game. You have to find a way to adjust to that. For example against tilt:
      Easiest wait to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own wanting. Some may put it higher, some lower. And after the stop you can easily just spend some time with evaluating your play.

Variance is the most cruel thing which we just can't flee of. It will always hurt when you start getting too many loosing sessions. Some may even stop playing, some may play too much, some may play even while tilted. But we have to find a way how to cure it. For example setting even some goals or some day-plan would work for some. Not playing too many hours of poker, but separating them into two or more sessions. Like every session having 1h of game to reach a goal of specific amount in a month or so. Everyone has to find out what works the best for themselves.

First points earned and Best of Luck in the future Course.
    • Yoghurt1973
      Yoghurt1973
      Bronze
      HOMEWORK Lesson 2

A1: Isolate limpers in position more often especially if they play weak post flop or limp fold a lot. Also stealing blinds more often if they fold to steal bb/sb is high, i also like to steal if their fold to c-bet flop is high.

A2: Nl4

A3: AK has 46.31% equity against 88+, AK, AJs and KQs
    • Yoghurt1973
      Yoghurt1973
      Bronze
      Homework lesson 3

A1a: 50,77%
      A1b: We have only 26,46% equity left

A2: Call, direct odds are 4.1 to 1

A3: AA IP 25Nl FR (Homework lesson 3)
    • Yoghurt1973
      Yoghurt1973
      Bronze
      Homework lesson 4

A1: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/newthread.php?boardid=1387

A2:http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/addreply.php?postid=851979

A3: 41,41%
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Totally agree with you about the stealing ranges. They can be very easily be balanced with even wider range. Depending on the opponent you can as well put a wider stealing range. Against some shorties you can even steal with smaller raise. But don't overdo the stealing situations. Sometimes you might just put yourself into too many difficult spots if opening with marginal hands.

Isolating can be very profitable actually since people on lower stakes take the fast and easy line by just Fit/Folding too much. With that you will earn in long run a lot profit. Which means you can isolate with even wider range, sometimes even with the all range which you could limp.

Hopefully you enjoy the School so far. Some more points earned.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #3 Done!

About Question #3:
      There are few situations on turn:
      a) If we take just odds for the FD and we take into account that all our odds are clean. There which means:
      Total Pot = $0,91 ; We have to Call = $0,22 -> According to that it means we are getting ~4,16:1 odds. For flushdraw we would need 4:1. Which tells us that we are getting perfect odds.
      b) If we consider the opponent having sets here:
      Which means we have to discount outs, for example 6 and also 3. Which means we have 7 clean outs. Which means that we need 6:1 odds. That tells us that we need ~$0,41 on river to make it profitable. If we expect the opponent being loose enough and being able to pay us no-matter what then we can do the Call here properly.
      c) We might even have overcards as outs or even 4 as a out:
      Although this kind of situation ain't that likely. I'd rather discount that one and either pick a) or b). Most likely towards Call.

You are doing great progress! Some more points earned.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #4 Done!

This weeks homework was a bit easier. But the idea of that is to help you go through last weeks stuff if you didn't go through everything. Or either way maybe even read some more articles, watch some videos and of course attend in the coaching. What will also help for your game is the evaluation part of other members hands and of course posting your own hands.

Hopefully this wasn't too easy homework for you. Some more points earned.