Ridic. Upswing...

• blazerkid57
      blazerkid57
      Global
      So when i woke up this morning i found that my money from pokerstrategy had arrived. I started playing at around 11am and went up real quick. I was sticking to the SSS chart. I played great poker. I kept winning and winning. Its now 5pm and i doubled my money. Playing at NL 5/10c $3 buyins. But I am telling this for a reason. My question is: When your having this good of a day, When should you just stop? I mean a cant keep getting this lucky winning all these races with the fish. Any advice?
  • 5 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Keep playing until you start to feel you're getting overconfident and start playing a little too loose... if that happens to you at all.
      Reverse tilting :D
    • blazerkid57
      blazerkid57
      Global
      hahaha i hate hate hate hate reverse tilting. it could potentially be worse then tilting lol. Wellll not that bad but pretty bad. :D :D :D I will prob play another session later to test my luck.
    • ancha666
      ancha666
      Bronze
      I will prob play another session later to test my luck.

luck ... ... ... 0$
      try to test your skill ;)
    • blazerkid57
      blazerkid57
      Global
      haha your absolutely right. I tested my skill. I put myself in ALOT of good all in situations. I ened up down 5 buy ins. A good expample my good all in situations was i got someone with 9s all in preflop when i had AA. He hit a 9 on the flop. Another Situation was I flopped a str8 in the big blind and got the guy to go all in with just a flush draw and he hit. I can't really complain. I played well even though i ended up down money.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by blazerkid57
      haha your absolutely right. I tested my skill. I put myself in ALOT of good all in situations. I ened up down 5 buy ins. A good expample my good all in situations was i got someone with 9s all in preflop when i had AA. He hit a 9 on the flop. Another Situation was I flopped a str8 in the big blind and got the guy to go all in with just a flush draw and he hit. I can't really complain. I played well even though i ended up down money.
      Yep as long as you're getting your money in in the right situations there is nothing to feel bad about.

Doubling your BR in one session with SSS does sound like quite a sick upswing though. I wish I had those kind of sessions more often ;) As to when to stop: You should stop playing then when you notice that you are no longer playing your A game. That means you are getting too loose or tight because you are losing/winning too much (it happens both ways).

As long as you are playing solid poker its ok to continue playing :)