Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.31
      UTG2:
      $8.65

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4:heart: , 2:heart:
      2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.05) Q:club: , 9:heart: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, UTG2 raises to $1.30, Hero raises to $4.35, UTG2 calls $2.40.

Turn: ($9.10) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.5, UTG2 raises to $4.50 (All-In).

River: ($18.10) 4:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $18.10

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows (Jc Ts)
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, fours (4h 2h)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, fours (4h 2h)

As I was repping a monster here, his mad aggression had to be due to the chance he could crack my monster hand and win a huge pot? reraise call here on the flop only really makes sense with a up&down straight draw, top pair is just usually beat, and plays for pot control, a set lets me hang myself. (possibly two pair would play this way also, and maybe limped aces..)

Also assuming my read was right, should I have checked the turn to see if the river came to his straight?

assuming nothing now, correct analysis/read or should I not have played this so insanely?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Pilks7,

Preflop: Do you agree with me that it's a bit way too loose iso-raise vs a station? :D Would be pretty standard fold for me here.

As played
      Postflop: Don't like 3betting at all with just bot-pair here. Let it go and wait for better hand. Against stations there is no point to go fancy. And as played do you expect to even have any fold equity at all on turn? What kind of hands you making to fold vs a station?

Best regards.
    • Pilks7
      Pilks7
      Bronze
      So I don't really know what the numbers mean yet, I've started trying to learn but cant find much info anywhere
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Pilks7
      So I don't really know what the numbers mean yet, I've started trying to learn but cant find much info anywhere
      Oh okey. VPIP means how loose the opponent is and how many hands he plays. There should be articles about stats. :)