itseasy

• itseasy
      itseasy
      Bronze
      Hello,

I have played FR for quite some time, mostly NL10. I switched to SH NL4 as there are more bad players and I think you can exploit them better. I have played 1,9k hands till now and it is going very well altought I had bad session today. I am up 29€ (EV 34,8€) :P mainly because players are ridiculously bad. They can make you tilt easily, though. I will update how it is going every 5k hands or so.

Hand of the day:
      How do you stay calm after this?

BB: $4.40
      UTG: $1.26
      CO: $4.04
      BTN: $4.15
      Hero (SB): $7.72

CO posts a big blind ($0.04)

Pre Flop: ($0.10) Hero is SB with Q :spade: Q :club:
      1 fold, CO checks, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.22, 1 fold, CO raises to $0.94, Hero raises to $7.70, CO calls $3.10 all in

Flop: ($8.12) K :heart: 2 :diamond: 8 :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: ($8.12) 4 :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($8.12) A :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $8.12
      CO shows A :spade: 4 :diamond:
      Hero shows Q :spade: Q :club:
      CO wins $7.94
      Hero wins $0.04
      (Rake: $0.14)
  • 2 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Always tough when hands like that happen but the more you play the more you learn that its pretty common and the best thing you can do is laugh it off and focus 100% on the next hand you are dealt

Hello btw :)

Not playing on a tracked account at the minute i see? Do you know how much more learning materials you are missing out on by staying basic :O anyway good to see you here hope you learn a lot and looking forward to seeing you above basic soon ;)

Carl
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello itseasy,

Easiest way to stay calm in those kind of situations is that if you really know that you gonna tilt a lot after such a beat then just stop the session for some time. For example go eat something, watch a movie, read something in forums. And then when you are back in no-tilt phase you can join again.

One of the ways you could as well use against any other loosing sessions: Easiest wait to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own wanting. Some may put it higher, some lower. And after the stop you can easily just spend some time with evaluating your play.

Best regards.