Blazerkid57's Poker Career.

• blazerkid57
      blazerkid57
      Global
      Welll since pokerstrategy was nice enough to start off my bankroll, I decided to make my own blog discussing how im doing with that money. Well first off I am playing on Full Tilt. I got the intial $50 +$50 pending. Using the SSS strategy i decided to start out playing at NL5/10c and buying in with $3. Well its 6 hours later and i have around $115($10 unlocked from the pending). Before this, I played on Absolute Poker. I am up on there about $350. But now i will stop playing on Absolute since i found that Full Tilt has many more fish. I am up alot today, and still have to finish up some hw for some classes, but of course im going to play later haha. But anyways thats it for now.
  • 14 replies
    • blazerkid57
      blazerkid57
      Global
      Well i continued playing some more for tonight and i lost $15 to a bunch of bad beats. I will end the night with $100. Doubled my money. not bad at all if i say so myself. Tomorrow i wont be playing much only at night. I have school and work. Thats all for today. Goodnight
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      hi, congrats with wins so far.

question though, why're you buying in with 3$ (30BB)? and not 2$, 20BB?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi blazerkid57,

Great to hear that you're keeping us updated on your playing. Feel free to post hands which you are not sure about and any other kind of information here in your blog and in the hand discussion Forum. This should greatly help in improving your game ;)

On that topic: The SSS is based on playing with 20 BB which is why you should buy-in with 2$ when playing. As soon as you have 25 BB or more you should always leave the Table because continuiing play would be sub-optimal. So be sure to read and re-read the strategy section because small leaks like buying in with too much or playing too many hands can be really costly in the long run.

Good luck at the tables!
      SoyCD
    • blazerkid57
      blazerkid57
      Global
      well i bought in with $3(30BBs) instead of $2(20BBs) was so that i could see more blinds using the SSS system. But i see now that it would be more profitable in the long run only to buyin with $2.

Ok now an update on everything. Monday Night I only played for about a half hour and was up $5 and then just went to sleep.

Today: Well i really like to treat myself to tournaments everyone now and then so I played in two $3+30 90 player SNG tournys. In one i came in first and the other I came in third! I was really proud of myself! But now that boosts my total bankroll to over $150!!!!
      This means I get to move up limits! I am VERY excited i made good progress in such a short amount of time. But anyway im going to now move to NL10/25c!!! Ill let you know later how it went! :)
    • blazerkid57
      blazerkid57
      Global
      Well i only played for like a half hour cause im really tired so i think im gonna call it a night. I ended up about even. Its much different at NL25 compared to NL10 different sorts of players.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Hi blazerkid57,

Nice to hear you are doing in the tournaments as well, there are also some SnG-articles to help you with your SnG-play as well. Check them out, they might help you as well. Don't worry about not beating NL25 immediately, it can take some time (and some hands). Be patient, play your A game and you'll be fine.

Good luck!
    • blazerkid57
      blazerkid57
      Global
      okay sorry peole its almost been 3 weeks since i posted! im very sorry. Okay well there is good news and bad news. The bad news first is that i jumped to a higher limit and lost my bankroll that pokerstrategy gave me. :( But on a better note i decided to deposit and really focus in and play my best poker. So about 2 1/2 weeks ago i deposited $50 and have done nothing but win. everyday i was winning at the tables. last week i was well over $300 then i played and played and lost some money and was left with only around $60 left but i had $26 token on full tilt so i decided to play in a 90 player knockout tournament. At first in the tournament i really didnt play too well. But very quickly things turned for the better and with about 18 left I was in VERY good chip position. Was in about 5th in chips. Then I remember i had Jacks and dead flop 267 and i pushed and another big stack called he had POCKET 3s THREES! HITS A 3 on the river..... GREAT. Now i was very very low in chips. I ended up making the final tabe and i said i would be happy with any place i finsihed in. I ended up winning! $576! my bankroll at that point was $666. Now my bankroll is well over $1000!!!! Im very excited! But I also have a question.... What limits should i be playing at?....I have never had this much in my account i just ususally withdrawl if i ever get this high.

Thanks so much to this site. I would have never have tried out full tilt poker if it was never for you guys so i thank you greatly! I love playing on full tilt poker. Great Site. Tons of fish and always always tournys running.
      Thanks to all of you who read all this and please please i would like all the comments i could get to help me with strategies and such.. where to play
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Very nice and congratulations on your 'revival'. Atleast you now know why bankrollmanagment is so important :)

As to what limit you should be playing at: The limit at which you feel comfortable. If you are still unsure about your SSS or BSS game there is no shame in playing NL10 until you feel ready to move up to NL25 and NL50. It all about your state of mind and security in your game.

The most important thing is simply not to play above your bankroll and to take your leaks from lower limits up into the higher limits. You are still at the beginning of your career and thus learning and evolving as a player should be your utmost priority. I hope you are activly posting hands, visiting coachings, and still reading content and watching videos - never underestimate the importance of these :)

So best of luck continuing upwards - and keep us posted on your progress!

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • blazerkid57
      blazerkid57
      Global
      so i decided to withdraw $800 to put in the bank so I would have only $200 and felt more comfortable with that amount left. Last night, well this morning i decided to play in the 70+5 knockout tournament at 00:00 because i had a $75 token. I ended up coming in 10th place cashing around $340. I now have around $500 back on the account!!! Now i decided to play BSS at NL50c. I will try and post as much as I can in the near future! I hope to be playing big tournaments. I always seem to do good in big tournmanets when the pressure is on. So im really gonna think strongly about entering some satelities for next months $1 million guranteed on Full Tilt.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by blazerkid57
      so i decided to withdraw $800 to put in the bank so I would have only $200 and felt more comfortable with that amount left. Last night, well this morning i decided to play in the 70+5 knockout tournament at 00:00 because i had a $75 token. I ended up coming in 10th place cashing around $340. I now have around $500 back on the account!!! Now i decided to play BSS at NL50c. I will try and post as much as I can in the near future! I hope to be playing big tournaments. I always seem to do good in big tournmanets when the pressure is on. So im really gonna think strongly about entering some satelities for next months $1 million guranteed on Full Tilt.
      Hey!

First off - congrats on your cashout. If you don't feel comfortable playing the higher limits yet you shouldnt.

Second- congrats on your next tournament victory

Third- Dont play NL50 BSS with a 500 dollar bankroll. 500BR is perfect for NL25 BSS (its on the lower side of being ok for NL25). Additionally you should have sufficient BSS experience for playing NL50- meaning you should have beat both NL10 and NL25 with atleast 40K hands.

Take your time perfecting your BSS play, and practice a 20-35 Stack Bankrollmanagment. There is no rush and perfecting your play is more important than moving up quickly.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • blazerkid57
      blazerkid57
      Global
      Well hey guys I took a bit of a break playing poker for a while my grandpa died about 8 months ago and my grandma died about 2 months ago. It has been really hard on the family and i have two jobs now and I am also full time at college. My BR is about $500. I am playing Matrix Tournaments. I have a question for one of the Coaches.....I am playing $22+2 buyins for my BR. I was wondering if this was ok? I play on FTP...I hope you guys know what those tournys are because they are hard to explain. lol

Glad to be back guys.
    • blazerkid57
      blazerkid57
      Global
      And this time it is my goal to continue doing what I love playing poker.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      Originally posted by blazerkid57
      Well hey guys I took a bit of a break playing poker for a while my grandpa died about 8 months ago and my grandma died about 2 months ago. It has been really hard on the family and i have two jobs now and I am also full time at college. My BR is about $500. I am playing Matrix Tournaments. I have a question for one of the Coaches.....I am playing $22+2 buyins for my BR. I was wondering if this was ok? I play on FTP...I hope you guys know what those tournys are because they are hard to explain. lol

Glad to be back guys.
      Playing these SnGs are okay. With Matrix SnG, you get to play 4 tables therefore you buyin to each table for $6 (24/4)
    • blazerkid57
      blazerkid57
      Global
      thanks! i thought it would be okay just wanted to double check! :)