Roobot

• 5 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey roo thanks for popping by :) hoping you take something great away from this start improving a lot soon :)

Carl
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper
      Hello this course in just what I have been looking for to help me move across from mss to bss. thanks :P
      +1
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      ok as of tomorrow this course is my priority!! :)
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker? (Be as vague or specific as you want with this one, but try to think of all the reasons and elaborate on them.)

I reall enjoy playing when I get home from work, its my "cave" "fire gazing" way of winding down from the day.
      i have a room in the house dedicated to the computer and I would rather do this than watch TV.
      I would like to make a little money too :)

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? (What are the mistakes you know you are making during your games? Are you playing while you're tired? Are you tilting easily? Want to see the showdown too much? Write down as many as you think are affecting you.)

I do have to watch if im tired from work in the evenings when I play, but over the last week or two I seem to able to recognise this and am spending more time trying to learn from articles and vids.
      I think I over play top pairs, and also I have a habit of thinking my opponent is bluffing and will put all my chips in the pot which costs me a buy in and starts me feeling tilted and mad at myself for making such a stupid mistake!

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive? (Describe in your own words what playing tight aggressive is and why does it work.)

Tight to me means only playing good starting hands at the right time in the right position, aggressive means keeping your opponents on the back foot and taking the lead in a pot at the right times

Roo
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Playing tired can cause a lot problems. Usually you are moody when tired and get easily angry. Which means you get easily tilty that brings towards you playing less your A-game. You have to find a way to adjust to that. For example against tilt easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Most of the other weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Tight style is usually called playing rather few hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Some more points earned.