fughi

• fughi
      fughi
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

My name is Silviu and I have 28 yrs old - Romania. Currently I'm living and working in the Czech Republic.

My motivation for poker derives from my passion for strategy - I consider myself as a very analytical person. Last year I did a trainee in theStrategy Department of a famous car manufacturer.

And, to be honest, I want to make money from this game. But, first I have to learn how to play it.

This year, in April, I started with SNGs on Full Tilt and joining the Shark School of SNG organized by the French Community. Unfortunately, because of the FTP problems combined with personal ones, I quited it after 5/10 lessons. Also, I've lost my bankroll (around 70 dollars) because of the FTP.

Now, I want to try Cash games and BSS strategy because of the popularity and style.

I will start playing on 888 with a BR of around 120 US dollars. I am realistic, during this school I am interested in learning and not losing my money.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      Too tight, low level of patience, easily discouraged by a series of bad beats.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?
      Play only the strongest hands, take into consideration the table reads, be cold as ice - as a businessman who knows what he is doing when taking decisions.
      Also, be realistic that downswings can appear.
  • 3 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi fughi,

Welcome to the Beginners Poker Course!

Good to read that you are motivated and hope you can take a lot of information from this group and become very successful!

Really hope you enjoy the course!

Regards,
      Gary
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey fughi liking the name but im not sure why :)

What did you do while you were working with cars sounds interesting

Have you read any articles or books on mindset so you arent so easily discouraged when suffering bad beats also try reading through this thread: Id check fail i think you might find somethings to help you out here,

gl with the course my friend hope all goes wel,
      Carl
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello fughi,

Wouldn't say that playing too tight is really bad on lower limits. Rather even better than playing too loose.

But as you say you have low patience so therefore I guess it means if you are playing your small part of the hand range you are practically going too often to showdowns. Loosing too much money with going broke with just TP on flop and similar situations. Try maybe being a bit more active in the Hand Evaluations forums, this will definitely help you out. Or even posting your own hands.

Easiest wait to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own wanting. Some may put it higher, some lower. And after the stop you can easily just spend some time with evaluating your play.

Good luck in the Course. Earned your first points.