• repescov
      Hi everybody
      I'm from Moldova. I've been playing real money poker for 8 months.
      Because I'm a student and employed, I was playing only rush tournaments on FT.
      Now I'm trying to play cash tables nl2 - nl10. For now I have 30K hands with a winrate 9BB/100, but I want to improve to move up.

I'm here at this school because I love the idea and concept.

GL all !
  • 3 replies
      Hi repescov,

Greetings from the Republic of Ireland.

Hope everything is good in Moldova?

Welcome to the NL Beginners Course, I wish you the very best of luck and hope that all the dedication and hard work pays off for you in the end and you start making loads and loads of $$$

Yes, I agree, the school is a brilliant concept and it will no doubt push you to improve your game and make more money!

Wishing you every success,

Kind regards,

• repescov
      Homework 1

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker? (Be as vague or specific as you want with this one, but try to think of all the reasons and elaborate on them.)

Answer 1:
      b)I like challenges and mental games
      c)I like competition, I love to defy and crush the opponents :)
      d)I'm becoming a better person(patience, impulsivity, rational thinking in difficult situations)

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? (What are the mistakes you know you are doing during your games? Are you playing while tired? Are you tilting easily? Want to see the showdown too much? Write as many as you think are affecting you.)

Answer 2:
      I'm playing microstakes, and I overestimate my opponents, sometimes can't control my impulses (instant call or raise with air). Often, I'm too shy(not aggresive enough).

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive? (Describe in your own words what playing tight aggressive is, and why does it work.)

Answer 3:
      Always get in pots with raises preflop, then bets and aggressive play after flop.
      Because we play fewer hands then the probability to connect with the flop are greater and we can play aggresively postflop.
    • veriz
      Hello repescov,

Seems that you also have problems with tilt and might even be the problem that you don't realize when you are tilting and when you are playing your A-game and when not. I would strongly recommend trying something to do against tilt, for example:
      Easiest wait to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own wanting. Some may put it higher, some lower. And after the stop you can easily just spend some time with evaluating your play.

Most of the other weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands. We will start writing feedback to your play. And usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you loose money, you will remember it more than winning part.

Welcome to the Course and Best of luck! First points earned.