BTN: $11.27
      SB: $9.70
      BB: $2.15
      UTG: $4.08
      Hero (UTG+1): $12.55
      MP: $2.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:club: J:spade:

UTG calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.50, fold, BB calls $0.40, UTG calls $0.40

Flop: ($2.05, 4 players) J:heart: 3:heart: 5:spade:
      BB bets $0.10, UTG calls $0.10, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, BB raises to $1.65, fold, Hero calls $0.15, BTN calls $0.15

Turn: ($7.10, 3 players) 7:club:
      Hero bets $4.00, BTN calls $4.00

River: ($15.10, 3 players) T:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5.12, fold

BTN shows 7:diamond: 7:heart: (Three of a Kind, Sevens) (Pre 69%, Flop 80%, Turn 90%)
      BB shows Q:heart: 6:club: (High Card, Queen) (Pre 31%, Flop 20%, Turn 10%)
      BTN wins $6.75
      BTN wins $7.60

Because of the fact that opponent in front of me limps I decided to play AJo from UTG. I saw this action in one video NL10 made by hasenbraten. The player how shoved was the same player who donk bet in ATo and 3B in KJo example. He was very bad player what twice made me anger. So my decision about isolate was because of this player too.
      on the flop standard bad player's play stupid donks bet. So I didn't think a lot and decided to put him on all in. I was only afraid of player behind me who looks very solid but overall I completely don't understand his play. His call was very strange and I thought that he traps me with a set. On the turn I think that I had to bet because of that I had to protect from drawing hands and got value from worse Jx.
      on the river no doubts about check/fold
      And in this way I lost my whole earned 10$ vs bad players. end of the story
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Preflop: Isolating here is totally fine if you feel your postflop is strong enough.
      Flop: Of course raising is an option here. But the problem with raising in those spots is that you practically just commit yourself. Also might even want to go broke if they 3bet you. Therefore sometimes I might even go for pot control line in those spots while being in bigger multiway pot. But of course it ain't totally off to even raise it here and protect our hand.
      Turn: But what's your plan on further streets? As you see the pot on turn is just massive, do we really get value from a lot worse? Unless we know the opponent we can't say much about the opponent, either we do or not. But as you went for a raise then should also continue playing it this way as you did.
      River: And of course I rarely doubt that he is bluffing here while we will see his cards anyways. Most likely would have played the same way and Check/Folded.

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Silver
      Flop: pot control? u mean just call his stupid donk bet for 0.10?
      Turn: I can get value from flush draws whick could still be in play and also worse Jx.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      Flop: pot control? u mean just call his stupid donk bet for 0.10?
      Turn: I can get value from flush draws whick could still be in play and also worse Jx.
      Oh okey, somehow I missed that it was a $0,10 donk. :> But hopefully you still understand the point. That usually in those spots it's even sometimes safer to take pot control line if a reasonable bet size comes. Rather than raise and commit yourself.