BB: $18.40
      UTG: $8.99
      UTG+1: $5.65
      MP: $3.70
      Hero (MP+1): $13.05
      CO: $2.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has T:spade: T:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.35, fold, Hero calls $0.35, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.85, 2 players) 2:club: Q:diamond: J:heart:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.60, UTG+1 calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.05, 2 players) 4:heart:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.05, 2 players) T:diamond:
      UTG+1 bets $2.05, Hero calls $2.05

UTG+1 shows K:spade: A:club: (Straight, Ace High) (Pre 43%, Flop 30%, Turn 18%)
      Hero mucks T:spade: T:heart: (Three of a Kind, Tens) (Pre 57%, Flop 70%, Turn 82%)
      UTG+1 wins $5.85

as my play on the flop and turn was correct? could I have bet on the flop after his check? what to do on the turn? my check was correct?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Flop: Most likely I would bet the flop also for the given reason that it's so often the case that they have a weak hand if they are Checking into your like that. Also we will find out where we stand with our hand.
      Turn: Nah, no point to bet it anymore. Rather just Check it behind, his stack ain't the smallest either and sometimes might even trap you.
      River: The problem here is that his line totally looks like a trap-line or he did hit something really big on river. What kind of range do you expect him to open-raise from UTG? If he is rather nitty player then it will be mostly some stronger range, maybe something like AQ+,88+ or do you have any other stats on him? So practically what kind of range do we beat here? Do you expect him to bet AQ like that on river? Rarely doubt, so therefore it's most likely up to a trap or AK. He ain't bluffing either here. For my view I might even consider folding here since I don't really see many hands what we beat. Unless you prove something else about the opponent. What hands do you expect to beat?

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      hmm... I don't know but I called it because I had still a set.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      hmm... I don't know but I called it because I had still a set.
      But just try asking yourself. What kind of hands do you beat here? Which would have played so passively-trappy on flop & turn?