katarina1991

• katarina1991
      katarina1991
      Bronze
      Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation where you have either a) freeplay, b) slowplay, or c) multi-way pot situation.

Nl2 Fr JJ

Question 2: Evaluate one of the hands submitted by other members.

nl5 - AA vs air

Question 3: Consider the following situation:

$25 NL Hold'em (10 handed)
      Stacks & Stats
      UTG ($25)
      UTG+1 ($25) rock
      UTG+2 ($25)
      MP1 ($25)
      MP2 ($25) LAG
      MP3 ($25) maniac
      CO ($25)
      Hero BU ($25)
      SB ($25)
      BB ($25) calling station

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q :heart: , J :heart:
      5 folds, MP3 raises $1.00, CO calls $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, 1 fold, BB calls $1.00

Flop: ($4.10) 3 :heart: , J :club: , A :diamond: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($4.10) Q :club: (4 players)
      BB bets $2.05, 2 folds, Hero...?

What action would you take, and why?

*I have pretty strong hand but he is passive player so i would just call his bet.
    • katarina1991
      katarina1991
      Bronze
      Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation where you have played on a 6-max table (short-handed).

Nl4 Aq

Question 2: Evaluate one of the hands submitted by other members

nl5 - Set of 9's

$10 NL Hold'em (6 handed)
      Stacks & Stats:
      UTG ($10)
      MP ($10)
      CO ($10)
      BU($10)
      SB ($10)
      BB (Hero) ($10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5 :heart: , 4 :heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.40, BU calls $0.40, SB calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.60) 3 :spade: , 2 :heart: , Q :heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, CO Raises All-in, BU calls All-in, SB folds, Hero...

*pot is large and i hit a good board so i think i would call it.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by katarina1991
      Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation where you have based your decisions on the stats of your opponents.

NL2 FR QQ and calling station

QTo

$10 NL Hold'em (7 handed)
      Stacks & Stats:
      UTG ($10)
      MP ($8)
      MP2 ($9)
      CO ($10)
      Hero($10)
      SB ($10) (17/13/2.6/24/1212) [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/Hands]
      BB ($10) (27/9/2.0/29/333) [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/Hands]

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6 :diamond: , 7 :diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.40, BB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.20) 3 :diamond: , 3 :heart: , T :diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.20) J :diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $1.00, BB calls $1.00, Hero...

*I would just call it because i have flush but every better flush will beat me.

Question 4: Consider the following situation:

$10 NL Hold'em (8 handed)
      Stacks & Stats
      UTG ($8)
      MP ($10)
      MP2 ($9)
      MP3 ($6)
      Hero ($10)
      BU ($10) (25/21/3.8/26/1250) [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/Hands]
      SB ($10)
      BB ($10)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J :heart: , J :spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU 3-bets to $1.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.30

Flop: ($2.75) 6 :heart: , 9 :spade: , T :club: (2 players)
      Hero...

*I hit a good board so I would bet this flop because i have overpair and I need to protect my hand.
      Hand #1 Just bet flop bet turn with your hand on this board. T33 board is really hard for them to hit. Its not like they're super lose fish playing 80% of hands which means its really tough for them to have a 3 in their cold call range OOP. T is also high enough that it overcards most of their PP that will probably fold to turn bet since you look strong double barreling against 2 ppl. Checking it down and losing to 98o that beats you but will fold to 1 bet really sucks.

As played you really cant think of raising the turn. I mean what are you expecting to get value from? And if you get jammed on you will be drawing dead a lot of the time. They really cant have a worse flush unless its 45s and boats are still in both their ranges. Its a call on the turn and decide on the river. On T 3 or another :diamond: its a snap fold. On a blank it depends mostly on his bet sizing. I would call a normal bet but fold to a potsize bet or and overbet since they your most likely looking at a boat thats trying to stack someone who cant fold a flush.

Hand #2 Completly dependant on villan 3-bet range. If his 3bet range is 1% then its an easy check/fold since he always has KK or AA. If its 10% then you can check call. In generall calling PP oop is really bad and will almost always lose you money longterm.

You can easily get it in with JJ in those positions if your opponent is somewhat agressive. This is pretty much the nutz flop for you and you still dont know what to do. If you want to call down 3 streets you really need his range to be wide and him to be barrel happy. I would call once and then i would call again on 78JQ turn where i pick up some equity or just fold on the turn since i really dont expect him to barrel this type of board that hits your 3-bet calling range a lot.

Just stay away from calling PP vs 3bets when your OOP since you will always get in difficult spots postflop and PP really have bad flexibility on the flop. In those spots a lot of people will be 3-betting a lot. You have to check his 3-bet by position when thinking about sticking it in with JJ preflop. A player with overall 6% 3-bet range could be 3-betting 10-15% from BU vs CO. Other type of players 3-bet more from SB/BB vs BU so you really need a decent idea of your opponents game to play those spots.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good Job! Homework #6 Done!

About Question #3:
      Two lines can quickly be discarded here: fold and raise/fold; your hand is simply too strong for those alternatives.

It's hard to assess whether you should put in a raise here. When a rather passive player decides to bet into three players while being out of position, it does look strong. It's more likely an indication of a made hand than that of a draw.

A raise naturally protects, but you run the risk of isolating yourself against very strong range. Which weaker hands could your opponent possibly continue playing here?

The deciding factor finally comes in the size of the pot. This tiny pot simply isn't worth putting yourself into a tough spot where you could potentially end up risking your entire stack. A raise would be overplayed here and pot control takes the precedent over protection.

Best of Luck on tables and with the Course. Some more points earned.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good Job! Homework #7 Done!

About Question #3:
      In this case, you decided to bet out yourself and two players behind you go all-in. You would have to invest $8.40 in order to participate in a $22 pot, which corresponds to an equity of 27.63%.

Board: Q 3 2
      Dead:

Equity Win DrawLoss Hand
      Player 1: 38.538% 38.538% 0.000% 61.462% 5h4h
      Player 2: 14.540% 14.540% 0.000% 85.460% QQ+
      Player 3: 46.921% 46.921% 0.000% 53.079% 22-33

You get the required odds even when you're exclusively up against very strong hands!

Good luck on tables and with the School. Some more points earned.
    • katarina1991
      katarina1991
      Bronze
      Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation

Nl2 Fr QQ

nl5 - AK two pair

$100 NL Hold'em (9 handed)

Stacks & Stats:
      UTG ($100)
      UTG+1 ($100)
      MP1 ($100)
      MP2 ($100)
      Hero ($100)
      CO ($100)
      BU ($100)
      SB ($100)
      BB ($100) (18/15/3.7/23/732)[VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/Hands]

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8 :heart: , 9 :heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $4.00, 3 folds, BB calls $4.00

Flop: ($8.50) 3 :heart: , 6 :heart: , 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $5.50 BB calls $5.50

Turn: ($19.50) J :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero...

* i would bet/fold,because we must protect the hand,but my hand still can be dominated so i would consider fold on river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good Job! Homework #8 Done!

About Question #3:
      In this case, the right answer is quite obvious. Both AF and WTS speak in favor of a check behind for bluff induce. But your hand is too strong here, so you want to get it all-in on the turn. There are a lot of hands you still have to protect against, too. Playing for bluff induce or pot control would simply be too weak and dangerous.

Best of luck in exam! Some more points earned.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good Job! Your exam is done and evaluated!

I would now advice to take a look at the No Limit Advanced Learning path. Which is located here: No Limit Advanced Learning Path. Although it's without any homework but it's still a path which will help you get the understanding of more advanced stuff. Although it may require higher ranks. Some may require even Gold status.

You are still welcome to use this thread for your progress and if you face any questions about your play/stats or anything you want to ask. Also don't hesitate to continue posting hands which I will be most likely evaluating.

About your exam:
      You did well there, although it seemed like you took it way too easy. By that I mean you didn't think much of the situation and didn't think much overall the opponent or the hand. But rather just played your hand. It could be also the same that you play straight forward on your tables. Of course on lower limits it's gonna be easy to make money but it's gonna be harder on higher limits where you have to adjust to your opponents.

Although overall it seems that you already getting the idea how to calculate equity, how to use implied odds and you ain't overrating your hand. As most of the exam posters had difficulties with the math part so I wouldn't really be worried about that. We gonna try to fix it with further analyzes.

In future we gonna concentrate more on your hands and try to fix some leaks which. Hopefully you gonna continue posting in the thread. We could take a look at stats and many different kind of things. Maybe even some mindset problem. :)

Do you have any questions about the exam?

Good Luck on the Tables and with the next learning Path. If you have any questions don't hesitate to hop in your Locker Room thread and ask or post your progress.