Phildini Mk2

• 6 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey Phildini,

Welcome to the NL Beginners Course!

Super glad to hear how much you're looking forward to this course. It's really great to see your enthusiasm.

I hope you can improve your game and start printing the $$$ very soon.

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • Phildini
      Phildini
      Bronze
      The coachings fall on boxing nights so Podcasts for me :f_biggrin:

Since failing :f_p: the last poker school I am definitely really enthusiastic! I lost $100 on fulltilt which is heartbreaking but before the school I lost constantly in cash games.

I am now playing on pokerstars:

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker? I actually took up poker to avoid gambling. I used to lose a lot on fruit machines, moved to tournament poker and it paid for a few things I managed to win $1k in a tourney about 5yrs ago which paid for my daughters pushchair as I'd just been made redundant.

I've always wondered how far I can go in poker if I didn't have to withdraw my bankroll. I'm now at that point. So its a hobby and a dream :s_biggrin:

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I still overplay top pair top kicker. Also my post-flop Cbet could do with work now. Erm ... I really need to knuckle down and know the odds 100%

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive? Tight aggressive is playing a selection of hands hard pre-flop. So betting aggressively when you think you have the best of it.

After the flop its either betting for value or because its a good flop to c-bet.
    • Phildini
      Phildini
      Bronze
      3BI down

1 KK vs AA all in preflop - couldn't be helped
      1 SB vs BB, I had KK, flop came Q93 I raised and got called, turn 7 - I raised, was re-raised and moved all in. SB had QQ
      I also played 2 hands very poorly and posted them in the hand evaluations.

All in all, a bad day at the office :s_mad:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Phildini,

Hehe, watched a great movie on the weekend "Never Back down 2", really great one. If you are interested in such sports as boxing and stuff I would recommend watching it. :)

About still overplaying your hands, maybe try putting more effort into analyzing your own game. Try to force yourself even to sometimes Bet/Fold with TP and of course posting really helps to get the negative feedback which will force you to play it this way.

About the downswing it's really sad but we can't really do much. :( We have to live with it and continue playing and beat the variance.

Welcome to the Course and Best of luck! First points earned.
    • Phildini
      Phildini
      Bronze
      Looking back over the massacre I think theres a few hands that could of been better played, I've posted them up.

I think my style of pre-flop raising maybe is high variance, people seem to want to play big pots with me :s_biggrin: This leads me to thinking I need to calm down when I have AK, AQ on dry boards as people are not believing me.

Its not much use but this is me boxing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-uH4SaQriE
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Who was the women screaming there. :D Seems like a real fan. Also which one of them are you? :> Guess with the yellow shirt?