Dedicated HUSNG forum

• wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Hey,

I think this forum is sorely lacking a HUSNG forum...there are dedicated forums to SNGs and MTTs, but HUSNGs are sort of a different animal in itself and deserves its own forum.

There is also a lack of video content outside of some videos by TwiceT....I realize that HUSNG.com has sort of cornered the market on HUSNG instructors, but i think it would be in the best interests of PS to start developing a severely underdeveloped HUSNG section. Some alternatives to a market that is effectively monopolized by one training site would be good to see.
  • 30 replies
    • Eduardo93
      Eduardo93
      Diamond
      +1
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      +2

i think there has been increased volume of hu sng hands being posted in the boards lately. i think beginners video series/articles would be very popular
    • dw00d
      dw00d
      Bronze
      definately! ive just started playing husng. lots of fun!
      would love more content for beginners :f_biggrin:
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      bump because responses from PS staff are hard to come by
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      he guys,

sorry that you lack an answer, Pascal who cares about the HE forum will drop by and give you an insight. In general we only open new forums if the old ones are having too much traffic (we do not want to have a big list of forums) - but let's wait what pascal says....
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      Definitely a good idea to start a HU SnG section! I believe that there are a LOT OF PEOPLE who play it. It is a very interesting discipline
    • xJCzZ
      xJCzZ
      Bronze
      just another +1 showing alot of interest in this game type
    • dw00d
      dw00d
      Bronze
      husng content [bronze+] > husng forum :s_biggrin:
    • Pascal
      Pascal
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

when doing our monthly reviews of the traffic we will keep an eye on how much traffic HU SnG's create
      and of course we will keep our eyes open to find some potential video producers
      hints and applications are always welcome video@pokerstrategy.com :)

Cheers,

Pascal
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hey Pascal,

I completely understand the logic from your point of view of not creating too many forums/sub forums etc....

However I think there is some kind of a flaw behind the logic "we wait that there is enough traffic to create something".

It is like the egg and the chicken. imo if there is no offer from PS there won't be much traffic.

Unfortunately there is not much for HU in general (SNG and Cash). But I am pretty sure there is a very high demand for it. You can not see it in terms of traffic because people are going to other sites for their HU Hand reviews/content.

People don't post their HU hands in the general Hand review sections because it is so specific (both cash and SNG) that a FR or SH Hand Judge probably won't be giving right feedback (unless they are also HU player ofc)

That is the reason why I think you can't check this way how much monthly traffic a HU section would get.

To me if PS is serious about growing up as a poker site it must have a decent HU offer.
      I think you should truly reconsider the overall PS strategy regarding HU.
    • ulairiiii
      ulairiiii
      Bronze
      yeah i agree.It would be good to have some husng section because i believe this is the next big think in sng format.Full rings turbo are full of regs,so the mttsng so we need to exploit another format too :f_biggrin:
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      agreed
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Get Coach Boris to make some vids. He crushes these HU SnG thingies.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      bumpity bump

Still think this is something that needs to be addressed. HUSNG hands/discussion tends to find its way into either the heads up cash forum or the SNG forums. A separate forum for them is much needed.

I'd be happy to be a hand judge for the new forum.
    • drdavy
      drdavy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8
      bumpity bump

Still think this is something that needs to be addressed. HUSNG hands/discussion tends to find its way into either the heads up cash forum or the SNG forums. A separate forum for them is much needed.

It hard to judge hh from husngs. There to much things that count in a hand that is almost inpossible to give correct answers.

Sorry for my english.

Greeting Midstake husngs player
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Technically you could say the same for almost any poker hand in any game format.

I think theres a lot that could be provided as long as someone doesnt post their hands saying - "70 hands in, readless" which provides nothing of value to the judge.

I think there is definitely value in having hand judges and prompting healthy debate amongst posters.
    • Th0m4sBC
      Th0m4sBC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by drdavy
      Originally posted by wasy8
      bumpity bump

It hard to judge hh from husngs. There to much things that count in a hand that is almost inpossible to give correct answers.

Sorry for my english.

Greeting Midstake husngs player
      Hand judgeing for HU SNGs clearly is not impossible. It works fine in the german community, who does have HU SNG hand judgeing and works well on a lot of other communities (who are not related with pokerstrategy). The accuracy of the answer is based on the input from the person who posts the hand. If you say......first hand readless, there is some general advice. If you can give stats and reads there are more possibilites to judge.

The bigger problem is that especially the players whos screen names are well known rarely wanna put a hand to public discussion. It is a delicate suitatoins telling to your opponents how you play a hand one vs one.

In the german community there is simply no BI restriction ($1 to 5k$ - all for silver and above) so that there is enough traffic.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      hey guys,

I'll ask the education guys to pop by here!

Ingrid
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He guys,

we brought this topic up internally. If we can ensure that the forum would be properly judged we will create it. As one of our judges is currently on honeymoon it might take a bit till we make a final decision.