This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [MSS SH] A9o SB

• viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Villain is 45/24/1.5/31
      VPIP/PFR/AF/WTSD
      60 hands only

What should I do pre flop? Resteal bluff, fold? Calling is ok here?

And what about the flop? What's the best play?

thx in advance!

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($11.22)
      CO ($12.04)
      BTN ($2.94)
      viccini (SB) ($4.45)
      BB ($22.94)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) viccini is SB 9:diamond: A:spade:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.35, viccini calls $0.30, 1 fold

Flop: 10:club: 7:spade: 8:spade: ($0.80, 2 players)
      viccini checks, BTN bets $0.60, viccini raises to $4.10, BTN goes all-in $1.99

Turn: 3:spade: ($5.98, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: K:diamond: ($5.98, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $5.98
      BTN shows
      6:club: 7:club:
      viccini shows
      9:diamond: A:spade:

BTN wins $5.69 (net +$2.75)

viccini collects $1.51 (net -$2.94)
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey viccini,

Villain only has 29bb but plays relatively aggressive. I do not think your hand qualifies to flat so I think it is either resteal or fold.

I prefer to raise it up to $1.15 ish so that the pot becomes under PSB so you can shove as a cBet

If Villain 4bets, the odds you get is 2:1 but he has to shown a wide 4bet range to make the call justified with A9o, most often that ain't the case

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hey viccini,

Villain only has 29bb but plays relatively aggressive. I do not think your hand qualifies to flat so I think it is either resteal or fold.

I prefer to raise it up to $1.15 ish so that the pot becomes under PSB so you can shove as a cBet

If Villain 4bets, the odds you get is 2:1 but he has to shown a wide 4bet range to make the call justified with A9o, most often that ain't the case

Best regards,
      Gerv
      Ok. I didn't resteal cause I thought villain wouldn't fold better hands pre flop (like AT+) but he could fold those hands post flop right?

Could I resteal to 3x his steal ($1,05)? So that I have to shove $1,89 in a $2,20 pot and lose less when he 4bets me pre flop.

What's PSB? Pot size b...?

thx!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Sure he wouldn't fold broadways immediately but since you both are in the same category namely missing the flop 60% of the time, your cBet is quite profitable especially when you have equity.

PSB = pot sized bet so $1 Pot and you bet $1 = 1 PSB

Yes you can resteal 3x, generally it doesnt matter how much you resteal with MSS
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Sure he wouldn't fold broadways immediately but since you both are in the same category namely missing the flop 60% of the time, your cBet is quite profitable especially when you have equity.

PSB = pot sized bet so $1 Pot and you bet $1 = 1 PSB

Yes you can resteal 3x, generally it doesnt matter how much you resteal with MSS
      :s_thumbsup: thx!