[NL2-NL10] [MSS SH] A9o SB

• viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Villain is 45/24/1.5/31
      VPIP/PFR/AF/WTSD
      60 hands only

What should I do pre flop? Resteal bluff, fold? Calling is ok here?

And what about the flop? What's the best play?

thx in advance!

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($11.22)
      CO ($12.04)
      BTN ($2.94)
      viccini (SB) ($4.45)
      BB ($22.94)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) viccini is SB 9:diamond: A:spade:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.35, viccini calls $0.30, 1 fold

Flop: 10:club: 7:spade: 8:spade: ($0.80, 2 players)
      viccini checks, BTN bets $0.60, viccini raises to $4.10, BTN goes all-in $1.99

Turn: 3:spade: ($5.98, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: K:diamond: ($5.98, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $5.98
      BTN shows
      6:club: 7:club:
      viccini shows
      9:diamond: A:spade:

BTN wins $5.69 (net +$2.75)

viccini collects $1.51 (net -$2.94)
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey viccini,

Villain only has 29bb but plays relatively aggressive. I do not think your hand qualifies to flat so I think it is either resteal or fold.

I prefer to raise it up to $1.15 ish so that the pot becomes under PSB so you can shove as a cBet

If Villain 4bets, the odds you get is 2:1 but he has to shown a wide 4bet range to make the call justified with A9o, most often that ain't the case

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hey viccini,

Villain only has 29bb but plays relatively aggressive. I do not think your hand qualifies to flat so I think it is either resteal or fold.

I prefer to raise it up to $1.15 ish so that the pot becomes under PSB so you can shove as a cBet

If Villain 4bets, the odds you get is 2:1 but he has to shown a wide 4bet range to make the call justified with A9o, most often that ain't the case

Best regards,
      Gerv
      Ok. I didn't resteal cause I thought villain wouldn't fold better hands pre flop (like AT+) but he could fold those hands post flop right?

Could I resteal to 3x his steal ($1,05)? So that I have to shove $1,89 in a $2,20 pot and lose less when he 4bets me pre flop.

What's PSB? Pot size b...?

thx!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Sure he wouldn't fold broadways immediately but since you both are in the same category namely missing the flop 60% of the time, your cBet is quite profitable especially when you have equity.

PSB = pot sized bet so $1 Pot and you bet $1 = 1 PSB

Yes you can resteal 3x, generally it doesnt matter how much you resteal with MSS
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Sure he wouldn't fold broadways immediately but since you both are in the same category namely missing the flop 60% of the time, your cBet is quite profitable especially when you have equity.

PSB = pot sized bet so $1 Pot and you bet $1 = 1 PSB

Yes you can resteal 3x, generally it doesnt matter how much you resteal with MSS
      :s_thumbsup: thx!