seasonsofchange

• 3 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Kaarel,

Welcome to the NL Beginners Course.

It is always good to enhance your game and even better to have a second game under your belt.

I hope you enjoy the material and with plenty of hard work you will start crushing the tables in no time :)

Wishing you every success,

Gary
    • seasonsofchange
      seasonsofchange
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      I just enjoy the game. Rewards and keeping my math skills up to date are also important.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      Sometimes I play when i'm tired. Biggest weakness is probably multi-tasking. When I concentrate on poker only, then I have better results as well.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?
      To play few hands abd play them aggressively. It works, because you usually have some opponents at the table whos ranges are wider - meaning they are willing to call with worse hands than your own. Playing TAG reduces variance.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello seasonsofchange,

Playing tired can cause a lot problems. Usually you are more moody when tired and get more easily angry. Which means you get easily tilty which is towards you playing less your A-game. You have to find a way to adjust to that. For example against tilt:
      Easiest way to not get distracted, just try always remind yourself. I have to close the browser(or whatever you have as distraction)! I am trying to win money here and make something for living not watching something on youtube(etc). This might work for some. And train that on every session and at some spot you will get used to that. For yourself you might even have to find other way.

Multitasking we can put into category of distractions. And playing while distracted ain't the best way to achieve a good winrate. Easiest way to not get distracted, just try always remind yourself. I have to close the browser(or whatever you have as distraction)! I am trying to win money here and make something for living not watching something on youtube(etc). This might work for some. And train that on every session and at some spot you will get used to that. For yourself you might even have to find other way.

Welcome to the Course and Best of luck! First points earned.