Nozzu

• Nozzu
      Nozzu
      Silver
      Hi

I'm the one who didn't pass the first NL Beginners Course. Its a shame but what can you do.
      So here i am again. Trying to get better player. Maybe this time...or next :)
      Like Hans-Ulrich Rudel said: "Lost are only those, who abandon themselves."

Edit:
      P.S Its off topic, but as i see, that the quote creeps some people soul, i wanna apologize and declare that im far for being nazzi or even worse, racist (actually, i wear S.H.A.R.P badge on my jacket).
      What important for me, is person himself, not what color hes skin or what party he represent. And Rudel proved himself as great minded, newer-give-up type of person.
  • 5 replies
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      You should better quote David Sklansky or Dan Harrington then you might pass the exam...
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      Never mind what Gerovit says. It's good to be openminded.

Anyway welcome back to school. I'm sure you didn't pass the first time because of lack of time rather that lack of knowledge. And even if that was so, we're here to help you learn more so surely you will pass the second time around.

gl mate

:s_grin:
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Hey i was just kidding, its great that you didn't lose your enthusiasm and with that attitude your knowledge is going upwards very fast.

I wish you all the best and keep on quoting nazi pilots!
    • Nozzu
      Nozzu
      Silver
      Homework 1

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

My first motivator is money. It don’t happens very often but it feels good when I make more money in tables than I spend in shops during day.
      Second motivator is joy and pride what you get when you outplay you opponent. That need motivates me read poker articles, books and forums. Seek for knowledge’s and develop me as a poker player.
      And last but not least - playing poker is hobby that gives me opportunity to forget the day routine. In one hand, playing poker is fatiguing but in other hand, its relaxing (sometimes not as you can see my Q2 answer).

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

My conservative mind leads me often to scared money situations where I give up and press fold sometimes too easily.
      Math is my weak spot. I can manage with 4 and 2 rule, I can count odds and outs but usually I don’t do that. At least not for every situations when its needed. Being mathematical is just not in my nature.
      And for last: I usually play my cards and not think about much opponent range.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?

It means be selective to what cards and what situations ( like position in table) to play. And when play then you play aggressively witch means bet or fold, instead call. I think that even folding in his absoluteness’s is more aggressive move than calling. And when you bet, then you don’t hesitate and bet proper amount not just little bit. And you bet for value or protection. See, you protect yourself with aggression. As the old saying: the best protection is attack.
      And why its work? Mainly because you play only in favorable situations when your cards have mathematical edge.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Glad to have you back in the Course. :) How have you been so far? How was the summer?

Actually being on scared money it's a common problem. It's even more common for people having it in live poker where they don't have that good BRM. Which tells actually the same reason that for online you might even try to use more conservative BRM which means to put bigger the buy-ins for limit. But of course with experience and time you will get used to it and wont be that much money scared. As you will understand that you actually did a correct move by playing this way and will just continue.

Math is of course for a lot players a weakness but it's nothing you can do during the game. I would usually advice you to concentrate that after the session and try do some math calculations. During the course we will have a lot of math-like homeworks, try to finish them and of course on Exam. Also week #3 coaching is going to be about Math, feel free to join with it.

Playing just card is a 2nd common mistake. People just tend to play too much their cards and the higher you get you will just have the bad habit. Try to find a way to avoid that since it affects your game and of course your winrate. Not that on lower limits it's not possible to beat the game while playing FR and straight forward but just on higher limits it will become more harder to beat it.

Welcome to the Course and Best of luck! First points earned.