Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $6.41
      Hero:
      $10.1

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8:heart: , 8:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 6:spade: , 6:diamond: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.4, BB raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($2.45) 6:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.16, Hero calls $1.16.

River: ($4.77) T:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $2.27, Hero ???

Final Pot: $9.31

Do we fold the flop raise on such a board? Having called down and seen a turn that can only improve our hand (we now beat 55) do we continue?

Having continued, do we hero call the big river bet as well, or finally give it up?

I called. I couldn't figure out a likely hand he could have that was beating me except 6x... and most ppl are slowplaying that all night long.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jaissica,

The problem is that if you are calling the flop then it's pretty hard to lay it down on further streets for the given odds. :D One option what I would choose here is that I would bet a bit bigger on flop ~$0,60 so it might even avoid him bluff-raising us. :D

Therefore I guess I would have played the same way. :D And make a note on him with what he did that.

Best regards.
    • Homelie
      Homelie
      Bronze
      Hi :)

I called. I couldn't figure out a likely hand he could have that was beating me except 6x...
      are there 99,TT,JJ maybe even + not in his range ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Homelie

I called. I couldn't figure out a likely hand he could have that was beating me except 6x...
      Yep, most likely. But for that reason I'd rather lay it down on flop. :) To avoid any further problems. Of course it once again depends on the opponent either to lay it down right on flop or not.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Homelie

observed at 33/15 so far, though only over a 40 hand read - at this point Im expecting a 3bet from at least JJ+, probably TT. 99 is possible, but would he three-street it?

In the end I hero-called and the villain showed down AKo, which was quite strange - and invalidated my thoughts on his probable 3bet range vs ORL.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Never know what they are thinking anyways. I would say that it would be hard to lay it down for me on turn/river also as I called it on flop.