This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

how do i play with a big stack in earlyphase?

• bluffalot123
      bluffalot123
      Bronze
      ok this is aimed more at the micro limits, recently in a tourney i was playing i had increased my chips to 5x the inital starting chips within the first few levels of the tourney.
      now this is where i came unstuck because i was not sure how to adjust to my chip advantage as i felt it is alot different in the late stages when ppl are close to the money.
      So finally my question is if i do gain a big chip advantage early in the tourney does this allow me to open my starting hand range and blind stealing range? or do i maintain a tight playing style?

Thankyou :)
  • 1 reply
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I don't think your FE goes up much in the early phase if you have a big stack, so I don't change much other than trying to play more in position on the other big stacks, including 3betting them more IP if you're really deep.