noel50

• noel50
      noel50
      Bronze
      just want to say hello from cork city ireland I love/hate the game nl holdem just want to be the best I can be at the game and i am from the first/basic school tx noel
  • 11 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello noel50,

Welcome back to the course! Hopefully you did learn something new from previous one and will learn from this one.

Also of course congrats for passing previous School.

Best regards.
    • noel50
      noel50
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker? Simply put I want to be as good as I can be at the game hopefully above average
      Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? Now I am too tight(at times) I have the tilt factor under control for the most part
      What does it mean to play tight aggressive? Tight-aggressive means being selective in opening hands not playing trash from early positions or calling raises with possibly dominated hands. The hands that you do play though, you should play aggressively, putting pressure on opponents trying to win as much money as you can position is key use it to pick up blinds or isolate limpers when you have a hand or have the image of a tight player if you are going to bluff with position.
      ps When I have no deadline I am slow to do things sorry need structure
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Good to hear that you have tilt part in control. But trust me, you will be able to find something new in avoid tilt always. You will start to get the understanding even what makes you tilt and adjust according to that.

Well, at least there is no time limit anymore. :) But that's true for some it might work better if you have some kind of time-limit. But you can always set it yourself like we did in previous school. :)

Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Some more points earned.
    • noel50
      noel50
      Bronze
      What do you think you could play differently than how it is in the BSS Starting Hands Chart, and why?i use it a guide now Ii use the chart as a guide my game has changed with time i will limp with ak all pairs one time and raise the next i play without poker software use feel and focus watch stack sizes and position

Post a hand for evaluation where you have a question regarding your pre-flop play
      should i call on the turn

3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range?
      46.32%
      if i may ask will you ever use elephant in a coaching session i would like to see it being used it will not work correctly for me i will be buying holdem manager 2 in sept hope my bankroll is big enough by then tx noel
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

That's really good to hear that your game has changed a lot after starting to use the Chart. :) Hopefully it will change even more in future with the course and stuff. Good luck with it!

Well, setting up the Elephant is pretty much the same as doing it with HEM. Does any other software work for you. I mean like do you have installed PT/HEM in your PC?

Hopefully you enjoy the School so far. Some more points earned.
    • noel50
      noel50
      Bronze
      Q1 50.78% 65.56%
      Q2 you have a draw to the nut flush (4to1) pot is 91 have to put in 22 right pot odds villains range made hand ace 4 22 66 33 most likely so our outs go down if the board pairs fold the hand
      Q3
      jj homework 3 how to play this hand
      you have already answered this q but i think this a good lession to learn so i posted it ty about the elephant it is a with problem with w7 i dont want to mess with it again (put me on tilt for days taking it off and putting it on ) this is a small problem that will be fixed when i buy hm2 i would like to see elephant working sometime in the coaching i think you should start with elephant and move to hm as i and a lot of people have not got hm ps ty so much for your coaching really do enjoy learning and fixing my leaks in the live coaching great hobby /great game
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #3 Done!

About Question #3:
      There are few situations on turn:
      a) If we take just odds for the FD and we take into account that all our odds are clean. There which means:
      Total Pot = $0,91 ; We have to Call = $0,22 -> According to that it means we are getting ~4,16:1 odds. For flushdraw we would need 4:1. Which tells us that we are getting perfect odds.
      b) If we consider the opponent having sets here:
      Which means we have to discount outs, for example 6 and also 3. Which means we have 7 clean outs. Which means that we need 6:1 odds. That tells us that we need ~$0,41 on river to make it profitable. If we expect the opponent being loose enough and being able to pay us no-matter what then we can do the Call here properly.
      c) We might even have overcards as outs or even 4 as a out:
      Although this kind of situation ain't that likely. I'd rather discount that one and either pick a) or b). Most likely towards Call.

About Elephant:
      Have you seen the installation video of Elephant? http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/12228/

But I am pretty sure you having problems with the database installation not with the Elephant overall. Usually where people get problems is the database installation or either way they already have them installed but they don't know themselves. Try maybe installing everything which is related to the database like mysql and etc.

You are doing great progress! Some more points earned.
    • noel50
      noel50
      Bronze
      qi homework 4 was it ok to call turn

q2 nl6 sh AK bb

q3 41.41%
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #4 Done!

This weeks homework was a bit easier. But the idea of that is to help you go through last weeks stuff if you didn't go through everything. Or either way maybe even read some more articles, watch some videos and of course attend in the coaching. What will also help for your game is the evaluation part of other members hands and of course posting your own hands.

If you have interests you could try calculating the equity with a formula which you can use even on tables(either playing online or live poker):
      (Amount of outs x 4) – (Amount of outs – 8) = Your Equity

Hopefully this wasn't too easy homework for you. Some more points earned.
    • noel50
      noel50
      Bronze
      think I have elephant working tried two sessions with it hard to get used to it was two losing sessions which did not help would like to see it working in the coaching to see if mine is right but will be getting hm2 so no problem will play without stats for a awhile like it that way more focus from me I seem to win without don’t know if I am getting paranoid about using a hud tx noel
      q1 cant do this

q2 Nl2 Qq

q3 i would call for pot control if a diamond came on the river i am done with the hand i could be behind to tt jj or a higher flush and the sb seems tight so a worry no diamond on the river i will call down
      q4 i am ahead eg ak or behind eg aa kk qq check call to see the turn if it is a blank check and if he bets the turn i am done with the hand
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good Job! Homework #5 Done!

Well, it's actually totally fine even not to use the HUD and play the lower limits without it. It just helps you to improve more in range reading/note taking and etc but of course you also have to do that.

About Task #3
      It's a very close decision: does protection or pot control weigh heavier here? Do you want to protect against hands like 3x or A:dx and K:dx? Or do you want to control the pot size and try to induce a bluff on the river in case there is no T, no J and no additional ?

Raise/fold is out of question - with the given pot size and the good made hand you have, it can't even be considered.

In case you decide to go broke, you can't really be blamed either. It's not a sign of weakness that the rather tight small blind decides to bet into two people here, though. I would say a call is to be slightly favored, while the many outs against you are annoying. The big blind who calls rather loosely speaks in favor of a raise/broke again. Both options are finally considered equal, which shows - all things considered - how close and full of variance these spots really are.

About Task #4
      You've called pre-flop and then hit a good board. You basically have two choices now: either you assume that your opponent will go broke loosely or puts you on a bluff often and you thus check/raise - or you play check/call in the spirit of way ahead / way behind. The problem with the latter is that there are a lot of cards you don't want to see in the later course of the hand. All in all, it depends on your balancing as both lines make sense under certain circumstances.

A check/fold would be really pointless, of course. It's hard to say whether you should donk-bet here; donk/fold can be discarded as that would turn your hand into a pure bluff and your opponent would interpret this as weakness and start raising you out of flops with hands like AK/AQ/air. So, if you want to donk-bet, it has to be a donk/3-bet.

Good luck on tables and with the School. Some more points earned.