Homelie

• Homelie
      Homelie
      Bronze
      Hi Everyone :)

My name is david, im from slovakia and im plying poker for something like 5 months now. I joined PS before i even know the rules and started right away to play on Fulltilt with the $50 starting capital...i managed to destroy it on rush poker in one month :D luckily for me after fulltilt was not available anymore, i recieved the free $50 for everest, where im playing now the NL2 and 1$ MTTs. Im really like the game and want to improve my skills, so thats why im joining this school :) )
  • 4 replies
    • Homelie
      Homelie
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I like to play logic games like chess and im also really into sports betting, and poker seems to be combination of both, at least in some aspects, so thats probably why i fell in love with this game really fast :) Of course the biggest part of the motivation is money, it would be just great if i would be able to add some money to my account just with doing something i enjoy... :f_love:

last thing is that i know i can beat at least some limits and im ready to spend a lot of time to achieve this, i wont be satisfied until i prove my self that when ill work hard enough the results will come...

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

There are a lot of beginner mistakes in my game like - playing to loose and out of position, calling when i should fold, bluffing in wrong spots, raising not enough when i have it....

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?

To play tight agressive means to play good hand in right position aggressivelly = rising instead of calling and checking. In other words we are maximasing the profits when playing just good hands in position for more money and minimising loses with avoiding marginal situations...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Homelie,

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands. We will start writing feedback to your play. And usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you loose money, you will remember it more than winning part.

Good luck in the Course. Earned your first points.
    • Homelie
      Homelie
      Bronze
      Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than how it is in the BSS Starting Hands Chart, and why? (Are there any hands you would play differently? Do you have a problem or question about how a specific hand or hands are to be played?)

The SHC is a really great help for starting players, but its not possible to have all the factors like - stacks, type of players, your own table image etc. summed in one chart, so i think you should also always look what are your oponnets playing and adjust to that. For example if im on the button and see that blinds are tight players i can easily try to steal with wider range than SHC is sugesting...also i would raise more PP from early posititon esecially when there are a lot of deep stacks around the table so we can set mine + i dont like really narrow and unbalanced ranges and altought we are playing here the micro limits, im not feeling comfortable to raise just AA KK QQ and AK from EP, so from time to time i think we can also raise PP or even SC :)

Question 2: Post a hand for evaluation where you have a question regarding your pre-flop play. ( Post your hand in the Handevaluation forums, and provide a link to your hand in your private thread in the Locker Room.)

FR NL2: SB -77 - two limpers, how to react preflop

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means: 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo? ( You can either calculate this yourself or use an equity calculator such as the PokerStrategy.com Equilab)

Im using equilab:
      the equity is 46,32%

im little bit suprised - i thought this will be even less as we are underdog even againts 88-QQ not to mention KK and AA and we are domintating just AJs AQs KQs...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Playing PPs can be in long run actually be very profitable, we could even say that you earn the most money with them. You can always try out either you play them profitable or not by check the programs either you are doing great on early position with PPs or not and base according to that.

Totally agree with you about the stealing ranges. They can be very easily be balanced with even wider range. Depending on the opponent you can as well put a wider stealing range. Against some shorties you can even steal with smaller raise. But don't overdo the stealing situations. Sometimes you might just put yourself into too many difficult spots if opening with marginal hands.

Hopefully you enjoy the School so far. Some more points earned.