Wwolfyka

• Wwolfyka
      Wwolfyka
      Bronze
      Hi!

I am playing online poker for 6 months but poker is interesting me couple of years.

I am playing NL10 SH at PartyPoker mainly at night hours (10 pm to 12 pm).

I am trying multitable also, max. 2 for now. It depends on my mood if i go simpletable or multitable of 2.

Actualy after playing for 14 days i am at +40$, at the beginning i had upswing, for now i am only leveling :-)

I had read some poker books. Now I am studying strategy articles on this site, I am silver member second month.

Wwolfyka.
  • 4 replies
    • Wwolfyka
      Wwolfyka
      Bronze
      Homework #1

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      I am keen on "mental" games. Poker is also in part a "mental" game and with addition it can bring some money also. :-) I am fascinated how the big poker stars are able to know their opponents and think on more levels about their play.

I have bought Holdem Manager Small Stakes Version, i am using HUD and always reviewing my sessions with hand replayer (sometimes repatedly).

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      My playing style lies somewhere between LAG and TAG (more close to TAG).
      1. Because i am playing mainly at night hours (personal unavoidable situations), i am often not cautious and i am not seeing strange combinations on public cards and when i see them, i am not trusting that the opponent can have completed his set or monster and I am not folding when it was needed. :-)
      2. I am trying to avoid Maniacs or LAGs but sometimes i am ducking with them and not leaving the table.
      3. I am waiting to build up my BankRoll (min. to 100$ to prove myself) so I am rather kicking opponents to fold before showdown (to be sure that i cannot lose at SD), thus i am losing much value (bad value betting).

I am Tilting rarery and for a very short time. I have strict bankroll management.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?
      TAG style for me means selecting hands with good potential based on preflop position and other players stats and playing that hands after the flop aggressively based on board situation and the opponents stats.

Wwolfyka.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Wwolfyka,

I am pretty sure that you are playing way too many hands and trying to pick way too many fancy plays against opponents you shouldn't. :( On lower limits I'd really recommend rather not try to bluff against a fish which is the first basic step. Try to stick to the BRM which is of course the most important.

As you said you waiting to build your BR, min. to $100? Then how comes you playing SH NL10? :) That tells the opposite that you ain't following the BRM.

Good luck in the Course. Earned your first points.
    • Wwolfyka
      Wwolfyka
      Bronze
      I am playing VP$IP 25-30 and PFR 18-20 but it depends on the hands i receive.

Attempt to Steal varies, because for stealing i am following the opponents FoldToSteal preflop and FoldToCBetFlop and Turn statistics post flop (also depends if opponent is a Caling Station or Rock, etc...).

Aggression Factor also varies from opponents statistics as the above mentioned Attemp to Steal.

Bankroll I have 35 times the buy-in of NL 10. I stop my session when i am lost 2 buy-ins.

Sorry for misleading you, to earn 100$ i mean to earn 100$ profit. Till 100$ profit i (i want to) play more tight post flop, for example i am going all-in when i am absolutely sure, that i have the winning hand and i am not using expected values, implied odds, etc.
      When i reach 100$ profit, i will (i want) to play more regularly and to use EV, and implied odds.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Oh, I see. You have well organized system. :) Hopefully we will still find some leaks of yours to fix.