Motivation

• IhasLuck
      IhasLuck
      Bronze
      So i like poker and all but im having problems with putting in more volume. After finishing a set I always look for excuses not to launch another one. I start watching a movie or just surf the net.. God forbid any1 introduces me to some cool shows because i just finished watching all seasons of Dexter :D
      Ok so any tips on dealing with this? How do u guys motivate urselves?

P.S. thought this might help me.. http://www.image-share.com/upload/875/36.jpg :s_biggrin:
  • 12 replies
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Hey IhasLuck,

I'm in exactly the same situation as you. I have the right tools on my laptop to make sure I grind good volume, but somehow I often don't make it to the second set. What I'm now trying to do is plan my pokerday. That seems to help. At evenings I have a determined timeslot where I play my sets, immediately followed by watching some shows.

It takes determination to actually keep up with the schedule and I guess you really need to push yourself to keep to that schedule. That has the downside that you'll most likely play some sets when you don't feel like it. The key thing there is to keep playing your A-game.

NIVEKii
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Good desktop, haha
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Try Breaking Bad, better than Dexter imo. :coolface:
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      I've no advice as I do the same but Breaking Bad is awesome!
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      My problem was video games and TV shows as well. What did I do? Just deleted them all, also deleted a few websites from my bookmarks where I spent too much time. Well I do watch some shows but only the new episodes I don't go back and I don't look for new shows. Also what I noticed that keeps me motivated to start a new session is watching things like Poker after dark, High stakes poker, WSOP, I watch them get into them like 10minutes and just close them because of a sudden urge to play myself.
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      You're all so mean!

But yeah, Breaking Bad rocks!
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      try pushing yourself a bit more to play more also playing continues instead of sets helps too
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      I have the exact same problem although with me, if i have a winning session i then feel motivated to play another long session, although if i have a losing session i have literally no motivation to play another session, which may probs help me not to tilt.

I also find watching poker programs, WSOP, the big game etc helps make me want to play.

Any other advice??
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Try Breaking Bad, better than Dexter imo. :coolface:
      indeed.
    • IhasLuck
      IhasLuck
      Bronze
      I'm not even gonna check wtf is that Breaking bad, but thanks to those who stayed on topic;D
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Originally posted by keoghh
      I have the exact same problem although with me, if i have a winning session i then feel motivated to play another long session, although if i have a losing session i have literally no motivation to play another session, which may probs help me not to tilt.
      This! has become my everyday life!

As for advice; I'd say you need to write down some goals. And maybe the reasons/intentions behind them.

something like:

I am playing x number of games daily because ______ (what do you want to accomplish? learning/profit/moving up etc..

This will get me closer to ________ (whatever your dreams are).

You know something like that.
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      And have it in front of you every now and then.