marckaraujo

• 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello marckaraujo,

Welcome to the Course! Hopefully you will like to be part of the big group who have the same path to become better in poker. Gonna be waiting for your homeworks. :)

Best regards.
    • marckaraujo
      marckaraujo
      Bronze
      Hello, Veriz.

Here is my first homework:

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      Well, let me introduce my life of poker:
      I discover poker watching a movie, I just dont remenber the name :facepalm: , so after that I started to play in PKR with non-real money.
      I won a lot of money with it, but I usually played as casual, and never got into books and too specific articles, its 2009.
      So after a while I decided to start play in freeroll, I won a lot of them but didnt have any piece of patience to win 0.06 cents by SnG and manage my BR.
      So I decided to deposit 20$, as I didnt get into too much articles, just the basic ones, whenever I started to win in SnG I move up a limit and loose. So after a tilt I lost all the money, its 2010.
      So after that, I just stopped play poker.
      Then until now that I discover PS and I really want to learn play poker.
      I played a long time world of warcraft, and to you be a top player, you need to read, see and eat everything about your class, you need to write, read and re-read all your strategy against a boss. So I consider it, to use in poker as well.
      I am also very good at Puzzle, I can resolve them all, so its easy for me take some fast decisions.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      My weakness is for sure, dont be patience. Only play at position(or most of the time) and play poker you need patience, and I really need to slow my mind, but my most mistakes is when I lost control.
      And when ppl is talking around/ watching tv/ playing music, I just lost focus at my game.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?
      Tight for me is the player that knows what is good hands and when play then.
      Aggressive for me is the players that can bet/raise and put his opponents to make difficult decisions.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello marckaraujo,

Patience is a huge problem for a lot of players and you ain't the only one. Best thing to do is that you have to start to force yourself. Somehow you have to find a way to keep yourself concentrated on the game and not doing anything else. Like say to yourself that your patience might pay out, don't I want to make some money? Or I am just here for having fun.

Easiest way to not get distracted, just try always remind yourself. I have to close the browser(or whatever you have as distraction)! I am trying to win money here and make something for living not watching something on youtube(etc). This might work for some. And train that on every session and at some spot you will get used to that. For yourself you might even have to find other way.

Good luck in the Course! First points earned.