Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $2.28
      Hero:
      $2.58

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , Q:club:
      MP1 raises to $0.08, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.51) Q:spade: , J:diamond: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.48, MP1 calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.47) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 raises $1.56 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.03

i thought that with this level of aggression he has me beat. was this a good fold? i nearly called it but it was very hard to fold for some reason...
  • 5 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I think we can fold here. Micro love flush draws, and a tiny bet on the flop on a draw board is a very common weird fish-bet buying another card. Your flop raise was very good and made him overpay for the probable diamonds-draw.

The 5 makes the flush and he hero-shoves... no reason to call down here unless you've seen him take weird stabs at pots before. Everything points at a flush draw that hit.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      imo we´re pot committed on the turn, since he would shove still his pair+draw type hands that we´re ahead of
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      we are pot committed, so i should have called it? surely with my raise on the flop he wouldn't shove with any worse hands.. when do we know if we are pot committed? i have always just assumed that i am pot committed once i have bet away half of my stack or more....
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      we are pot committed, so i should have called it? surely with my raise on the flop he wouldn't shove with any worse hands.. when do we know if we are pot committed? i have always just assumed that i am pot committed once i have bet away half of my stack or more....
      we are pot committed, so i should have called it?
      - prefer calling over folding, since it is big pot.

surely with my raise on the flop he wouldn't shove with any worse hands.. when do we know if we are pot committed?
      - players would shove there draws, pair+draws and sometimes just tp hand

i have always just assumed that i am pot committed once i have bet away half of my stack or more....
      - not always, but you can´t scare any draw that gets there. Players ranges are wider usually in 3-bet pots
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Preflop: Not a huge fan of 3betting even here against rather smaller PFR. I'd even consider rather just Calling and playing postflop.

As played
      Postflop: Huh, committed on turn? That's horrible sentence to say. :( We have almost 70% of our stack left. How can we be pot committed. I do like your play and I wouldn't change much on turn, I am also folding vs such a play unless I know the opponent. Obviously his shove doesn't make sense if he had the flush then why is he shipping directly? But can we expect him to bluff in those spots? Also all the sets/2pair type of hands already beat us. We either don't have anything to hit anymore.

Best regards.