Stack
      SB:
      $8.44
      MP3:
      $0.1
      Hero:
      $2.09

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:club: , 8:club:
      MP3 calls $0.02, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.10, SB calls $0.09, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.08 (All-In).

Flop: ($0.32) J:club: , 7:diamond: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02.

Turn: ($0.36) K:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.36) 7:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0.36

Preflop i decided to isolated very shorstacked limper. I just put him all in with my isolation raise. But i guess it isn't profitable to isolate such shorstacks with suite connectors, hands like KT fits better, right?

But i wanted to play, because SB was big fish, playing a lot of big pots, and if i will hit, i'll surely stack him.

Ok, SB calls too. Post flop i decided to play passive because, even if i manage to push SB out of the pot, I'll still have to see showdown, because MP is AI. And i have 9 high.
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      We don't want to be isolating MP2 here with 89s for his 10 cents. If you are lucky you have 40% of it, and this is a cash game, not a tournament.

The second reason (quite apart from probably being behind) is we are generally cultivating a tight image. We don't want people easily considering playing over us, and showing down raises with 89s for a potential win of 5 big blinds isn't a great use of our tight table image.

I'm not saying 89s isn't a great raising hand - you could raise here from the button as a steal, or even light-3bet to squeeze or even just to lean on weak tags that nearly always fold to 3bets. I just wouldn't want to show it down for 10 cents. If I show 89s I want it to be as part of a straight, 2 pair, flush or trips while taking a big pot off someone who was not expecting it.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello staktas,

Preflop: Yeah, I totally agree that isolating against $0,10 BB stack ain't the greatest. :D

As played
      Postflop: Nothing much to do here. I wouldn't raise or try to pick anything fancy either. While MP3 is anyways all-in. Not worth to invest any more money. Rather take the good odds.

Best regards.