[NL2-NL10] BB Q4d sb raising

• Angelface21
      Angelface21
      Bronze
      this is from a 6 max NL. And hopefully the right forum I put it in for evaluation.

When villian rr allin I do have the right odds to call. 1 dollar into 1.32 pot need to be better than 43% I am even money with my flushdraw and Q about 48% so i assume this is a good raise allin?

Thanks,

:f_cool:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $1.16
      BB (Hero):
      $1.92
      CO:
      $1.50
      BU:
      $2.53

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, 4.
      2 folds, SB raises to $0.04, Hero calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.08) 3, Q, 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.05, Hero raises to $0.12, SB raises to $1.12, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($2.32) 9 (2 players)

River: ($2.32) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $2.32.
      Results follow:

SB shows a pair of aces(A A).
      Hero shows a flush, queen high(Q 4).

Hero wins with a flush, queen high(Q 4).
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Is small blind stealing really, really, really wide? Q4s is a garbage hand to defend passively with. You are basically hoping to catch a flush or trip 4s. Every other possible situation is marginal.

Fold it preflop. This isn't even a good resteal hand. We have nearly no postflop playability.

As played on the flop... nearly always going bet-broke for just over half a buy in. Even vs aces you are at 47.5% equity, vs Qx you are 52%.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Angelface21,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Yep, for the beginning I wouldn't really advice you to defend with such hands. Rather just fold it than put yourself into difficult spots.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to say. I don't really see any reason why we shouldn't go broke here. With TP+FD. Nice hand I would say. Even against AA we are doing very good:

Board: 3:diamond: Q:spade: 2:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    50.10%  50.10%   0.00% { Qd4d }
      UTG+1  49.90%  49.90%   0.00% { AsAc }

Best regards.