Playing bad

• 10 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      if I'm distracted or have several things open on my pc (especially our forum :) ) then I play almost all the time bad. But I'm still a baby fish so can't do only max 3 tables and can't make pancakes or play with dog meanwhile :heart: :D

How do you feel? can you give us an example?

Ingi
    • ActionJunkiie
      ActionJunkiie
      Bronze
      Get really drunk !
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Yes. Stop playing until another time.
    • carexfish
      carexfish
      Bronze
      Every time I lose I have this feelings but some times I do it cuz I like to get lucky.
      If you win you play good if you lose you play bad!!!! People who lose money at poker are donkeys I was never in the red since I play so even if I play bad is good for me cuz I learn when I lose I have to stop and find the problem.

example:I you have a bad feeling about a hand but you play it cuz you get the right math(odds and etc.)and you lose you are a donkey and that's it.Numbers are ficitonal anyway.

1.If you have a strategy and you lose = it's just variance or your strategy is bad.
      2.If you feel bad about your play you assume that your strategy is bad.
      3.If you are more of a feel player then when you lose you are not in good condition so fix your lifestyle etc.
      4.If losing money = bad play for you,then so just try learn more ,play more and believe in yourself more.

If I lose money I play bad end of the story.Good Poker players justify every move so we poker players in general are good justifying every thing we do on the table therefor we easy justify our loses due to variance or superstition.

My advice is play the best you can or don't play atall.Feeling bad when you "play bad" meens that you are a real player not a donkey or a fish:D
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      I can't really explain it but maybe this makes it clearer: I know what it feels like to play my absolute best and sometimes during a session I know that I'm far from that. There will be hands where just as I press a button I'd say "shit should have done this other thing instead."

I think one solution for me might be reducing a table.
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matel17
      I can't really explain it but maybe this makes it clearer: I know what it feels like to play my absolute best and sometimes during a session I know that I'm far from that. There will be hands where just as I press a button I'd say "shit should have done this other thing instead."

I think one solution for me might be reducing a table.
      What might help is taking 5 seconds before each decision no matter how simple it is, this way you'll build a habit of thinking before doing something. If you can't do that now you should probably cut down on tables. As you evolve and have a solid basis then you should add more.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Reduce tables or quit.

No point in playing when you just know deep inside that you're spewing money :f_confused:
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      When I start playing bad, I just stop playing bad and start playing awesome instead.

True story.
    • n3w8i3
      n3w8i3
      Bronze
      change something.... anything... in most cases it helps if you change a table... when you catch yourself thinking - i must get revange for this and that - stop playing.. such thinking will loose your money... any emotion about any player at the table (fear, jealousy, ... etc) - will produce bad decisions...

if change of table didnt help, change stack - if you were playing short stack strategy - try deep stack.. and if you playing deep stack - try short stack... etc...

you just need to find escape of loosing state of mind...
    • Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      Originally posted by z1pz0r
      When I start playing bad, I just stop playing bad and start playing awesome instead.

True story.
      +1000000

Legen-dary!