profit from the blinds

• G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      I allways try to stick with the SHC, except for the blinds. I complete from the SB, and call a single raise from the BB with 1 or more callers fairly loose.

I do this both in NL and limit, and since I got some profit from the SB and little loss from the BB I thought it was good.

I don't have that many hands in limit, so I can't get a decent view on what I am making in the blinds.
      How many BB/100 hands profit/loss should I be making from the blinds, if I have a overall winning rate of 2.5BB/100 hands (and what is a decent winning rate anyway?)
  • 5 replies
    • ancha666
      ancha666
      Bronze
      As far as I know from the blind any positive number/BB is great, because it's likealy you will almost always fold BB because of opponent's raise (you always invest money in blinds...)

However, on blinds it's important that you stick to the chart even more then anywhere else!

About winning rate...I think any positive number is good - if you keep it positive for long period then it's obvious you are winning player. But ppl rarealy have bigger rate then 6BB/100...
      Mine is currently 6.34 for 20k hands. From BB it's -0.04/100
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      It's normal to loose money in the blinds. That is because you have to pay for it without selecting your hands.

Everything over 1BB/100 is great. On higher limits everything over 2BB/100 is either an upswing or nearly perfect play. :)
    • ancha666
      ancha666
      Bronze
      Everything over 1BB/100 is great. On higher limits everything over 2BB/100 is either an upswing or nearly perfect play.

do you mean blinds or overall?

couse on rollercoaster day you can reach 20BB/100 :D
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      ciRith means overall.

couse on rollercoaster day you can reach 20BB/100 :D

Yes...its called an upswing. =) Did u allready met his little brother downswing?:P
    • ancha666
      ancha666
      Bronze
      of course I had!

"luckily" I'm really not a person who would tilt - when I obsereved downswing (after lost couple of BI by losing on AA, KK, full houses over my nut flushes on flop,...itd) I took break and proceed next day...

what was I thinking...ahm, ..yeah - holdem is a game of not lose too much rather then winning.