[NL2-NL10] KJo ISO EP limper NL5 FR

• muel294
      Villain is 23/15/2AF/50WTSD/47hands. Hi WTSD Low AF and plays many hands therefore I think we can categorize him as LP?

1) Should we still ISO his open limp? I think he open limps something like 88+,ATs+,KTs+,QJs,ATo+,KQo which is 8.33% of all hands. So I am slightly ahead of his range, I have the initiative and can often take down the pot uncontested = raise right? i am trying to be more selective about when, with what hands and against what players I ISO.

2) My stats also showed his VPIP to be 8% from EP. Is this the correct stat to be determining what he limp calls OOP with or is there something else we need to factor in.

3) This range includes hands we would expect him to raise, should we factor these out or leave them in if there is a possibility he is slow playing them pre and decided not to 3bet preflop?

PokerStars - €0.05 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG+1: €9.12
      MP: €5.06
      MP+1: €4.07
      Hero (CO): €5.00
      BTN: €4.79
      SB: €2.45
      BB: €4.60
      UTG: €7.84

SB posts SB €0.02, BB posts BB €0.05

Pre Flop: (€0.07) Hero has J:heart: K:club:

UTG calls €0.05, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to €0.25, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls €0.20

Flop: (€0.57, 2 players) T:club: 9:diamond: K:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero bets €0.42, UTG calls €0.42

On the flop I bet for val/protection vs AT QQ/JJ and FD's (I dont see weaker KX that hasnt already made a 2pr calling)

Turn: (€1.41, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

All FD's come in here. Should I bet/fold or check behind here?

Bet/fold turn, checkfold/check behind rvr: I can bet for value / protection against any offsuit :diamond:
      (A/J/Qxd) maybe QQ/JJ AT and obviously I am beat if raised and check/fold check behind river

Check Behind: I pretty much have to check/fold any river to bet here vs this opponent, unless its particularly small and I am getting a lot of value especially for note taking? I couldnt see him leading any worse hand on the river, I imagine he would just check/call it?

River: (€1.41, 2 players) 2:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

UTG shows T:heart: T:spade: (Three of a Kind, Tens) (Pre 56%, Flop 83%, Turn 91%)
      Hero mucks J:heart: K:club: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 44%, Flop 17%, Turn 9%)
      UTG wins €1.35
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello muel294,

Preflop: Totally fine to isolate here.
      Postflop: The problem with Checking behind on turn is that we often have to consider as well to give it up. But against some aggressive opponent it might be not the best play. If he is passive enough then I don't even mind Checking behind. But an option would be as well to bet the turn for free showdown and most likely Bet/Fold it.

Best regards.