Sports Gambling.

• 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Haven't seen any similar sort of thread and i'm sure there or others out there who like the odd bet or two.I will post my bets and reasoning behind them till xmas at least and see how i get on.Anyone else with other tips i would like them to share and hopefully we can make a few bob.

Sports i bet on would be football,rugby and golf,horseracing and tennis and anything else that i believe has a good chance.

My season started with the start of the English Premier League.

So far 3 bets and all have worked out,

1.Man City (-1) v Swansea : evens @ 25 euro :Win 25
      2.Man City(-2) v Swansea : 11/4 @10 euros :Win 27.50
      3.Man Utd (-1) v Spurs :7/5 @10 euros :Win 14

YTD :Up 66.50

Tonights bet is Aston Villa (-2) v Hereford with Ladbrokes. 6/4 @ 20 euros.

Hereford are 3 divisions below Villa and even though it is a Carling Cup match i believe Alex Mcleish will be doing everything possible to please the Villa fans after joining from city rivals Birmingham.He won the cup last year with Birmingham and will see this cup as an opportunity to win some silverware and win over the fans.

Update later.
  • 63 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      moving it to the sport section ;)

Regards

Thazar
    • alas88888
      alas88888
      Bronze
      Hi Sports Aficionados!

Started sports betting bout a week ago just for fun at partybets.. following basketball and tennis games. Got a record of 6/7 bets won mostly courtesy of Sharapova. I really :heart: you Masha :)

Also won few bucks from France and German basketball teams. Currently betting on Germany against Bosnia & Wozniacky to win over a Slovenian player later on. Hopefully I'll win and improve my bankroll hahahaha. Good luck!
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Keep me updated how you get on alas,hope you have a successful season.Don't watch much basketball but like the tennis.Good luck on your bets.
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Aston Villa only won 2-0 which is dissapointing.

YTD - Up 44.50
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      get on Newcaslte to win by 3 or more at Scunthorpe on Thursday imo....

guess I should add: no guarantees, PokerStrategy.com recommends that you gamble responsibly...etc etc.
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Tonight i will be backing Liverpool (-1) away to Exeter 5/6 @30 euros with Ladbrokes.

Will have a little wager on Newcaste alright Marc ;) .Usually just bet with Ladbrokes and so far they are only offering Newcastle (-1) at odds of 11/5 which is tempting in its own right.

Have a little bankroll put aside for sports and hope to reach a profit of 1g by xmas.Won't be easy though.
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      3-1 to Liverpool.Late scare but good performance.Daglish won't be taking any competition or game lightly this year especially after losing to Northampton at this stage of the competiiton last year.We all know how that impacted on Hodgson's career with Liverpool.

So bet was 5/6 @ 30 euros : Profit 25 euros

YTD : Up 69.50
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Ian,

Did you see the mess that PaddyPower created for themselves last night in the Crystal Palace v Crawley Town game?

Apparently they offered 40-1 on Palace to win, when they were 1-0 ahead!

My brother made a nice €500 from it! Neglected to tell me about it on time ofc!
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Thats crazy.Just googled it there and found this story.Your brother might need to read it.

http://www.thescore.ie/paddy-power-punters-cant-expect-to-gain-from-what-was-a-clear-mistake-209097-Aug2011/

This is a weird situation and have heard of such things happening before.It seems paddys won't be paying out and have retracted some of the payments.I hope your brother gets to keep his money.In fairness Paddys are normally ok with strange situations and mistakes.Not sure are there any unwritten rules when it comes to this.

Reminds me of a time when i was in a Paddypower shop on a busy Sunday.On a small tv in the corner an under 21 GAA match was on and they were doing in running betting.After a few mins i clicked that whoever was meant to be controlling the changing odds had fallen asleep or something as they remained the same despite one of the teams taking a big advantage.Needless to say i took advantage of the situation and made a few quid ;) .Will u let me know how your brother gets on with the situation and shame on him for not leaving you know about it ;) .I think you will have to reconsider his xmas present this year.

Ian
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      It also says that some of the accounts that tried to take advantage of the situation were suspended.Really?That is disgraceful.What do they expect in fairness.
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Tonight's bet will be Newcastle (-1) away to Scunthorpe with Ladbrokes

11/5 @ 20 euro
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Ian,

He got paid his money. As soon as the bet was over he insta withdrew all the money in his a/c. Once it left his a/c there was nothing Paddy could do about it.

For those who left the money in, it was taken back.

He got an email saying that they "could" take it back if they wanted to (I don't see how tbh) but that in his case they were going to let him keep it.

So he's a happy boy obviously.

They do state in their betting t&cs somewhere that if there is a $*&% up in their system they are not liable to pay out. However, if the money won is withdrawn by the winner, I can't see how they could take it back from them.

Gary
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Glad to hear that Gary.He was wise to instant withdraw.Was reading about that bets with bookmakers are just agreements and that it is not a contract so bookmakers don't have to pay bets out if they don't want to.They just live off their reputation.Handy few bob to have made and always a nice feeling to get one over the bookmakers ;)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 1984ioc
      Glad to hear that Gary.He was wise to instant withdraw.Was reading about that bets with bookmakers are just agreements and that it is not a contract so bookmakers don't have to pay bets out if they don't want to.They just live off their reputation.Handy few bob to have made and always a nice feeling to get one over the bookmakers ;)
      Yeah it was a nice return. If they didn't honour the players who insta withdrew there would be uproar imo.

Also, they can use these payoffs as a marketing tool or for good publicity. I didn't catch any of the papers today so I don't know if it was mentioned but I assume it will get out.
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      No luck with the Newcastle bet tonight though not pushed for a few reasons.Was happy with the odds and thought it was a fair bet.Unfortunately these lower league teams play their hearts out in these games.Secondly on such a high atm from Shamrock Rovers win i couldn't give a fuck.

YTD - Up 49.50

Shame on me for not having a few patriotic quid on rovers to qualify.Hindsight is a wonderful thing though.

Lots coming up and if anyone has any thoughts on the Rugby World Cup,please share.

@HollyMichelle Gary i would imagine PP will use this saga to help them in someway.Not like them to miss an opportunity.
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      They usually just claim a palpable error in the situation above involving paddy power and your bet is void.

I bet on UK horse racing but would like to be able to make a profit from football betting. Do you use any specific sites for form or just bet from your own personal knowledge?
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      backed Newcastle at home today 11/10 @25 euros at home to fulham.fulhams away record is shocking to say the least.30mins left,hopefully will hold out.
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TakeManies
      They usually just claim a palpable error in the situation above involving paddy power and your bet is void.

I bet on UK horse racing but would like to be able to make a profit from football betting. Do you use any specific sites for form or just bet from your own personal knowledge?

Hey takemanies,i bet a little on horseracing,mainly distance betting.Can you let me know more about your bets as in do you bet mainly on big races or just look for value wherever u can.Would like to talk more with you about it though im in no way an expert in the field.

Ian
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      anyone knows something about bankroll managment in sport betting?