This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] a crying call...

• w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Party
      SB ($6.03)
      BB ($9.85)
      UTG ($3.85)
      UTG+1 ($16.70)
      UTG+2 ($7.54)
      Hero ($13.13)
      MP2 ($17)
      CO ($3)
      BTN ($2.45)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.90

FLOP ($2.85) T:diamond: T:spade: J:club:

UTG+2 bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10

TURN ($5.05) T:diamond: T:spade: J:club: J:spade:

UTG+2 bets $5.24 (AI), Hero calls $5.24

RIVER ($15.53) T:diamond: T:spade: J:club: J:spade: 7:diamond:

i was so pissed with this hand... he could easy had TT or JJ here as the preflop action whent... the only reason i called (i was not tilled or could not fold AA) was cause his aggression was 14... so i was thinking its very possible to have JJ TT here but he could easily bluffing too

was really close to folding i called like last second
  • 5 replies
    • lukezo
      lukezo
      Bronze
      I think you should put people on wider ranges, like in this case (apart from Tx) on many J-x, Q9,KQ,(98?). Maybe you should put in a Raise on the flop, since only Tx of this range beats you. I think it's correct to raise here, because his smallish Donk looks like a Blocking Bet.
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      cold calling my 3bet i think put him in a range of medium high poker pair or AK maybe that was my guess

true is that i could just raise on the flop but still he could shove and have the same situation
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello w4terman,

Of course time to time we will see here pure bluff but once again from those station-like guys who are rather passive players I wouldn't be surprised to see Jx/Tx here as well. :( Which just tries to make look like his hand is a bluff. :( Really hard Call for me on turn since I don't really see many hands what we beat. Obviously he may play QQ/KK this way but why wouldn't be just get it in preflop with them and not even 3bet?

Therefore myself I guess I'd even make the crying fold on turn unless I expect the opponent to bluff here or have some maniac tendency.

Best regards.
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      i was very supresed when he show AQ at the showdown i did not expect this hand for sure...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by w4terman
      i was very supresed when he show AQ at the showdown i did not expect this hand for sure...
      Only reason why I would be towards Calling here on turn is that if he even had FH then would be ship like this? But now again I have still seen those loose-passive guys picking such a line even with made FH. :( That's why it's actually pretty important to at least have a small image/stats from the opponent.