UTG ($3.85)
      UTG+1 ($16.70)
      UTG+2 ($7.54)
      Hero ($13.13)
      MP2 ($17)
      CO ($3)
      BTN ($2.45)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.90

FLOP ($2.85) T:diamond: T:spade: J:club:

UTG+2 bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10

TURN ($5.05) T:diamond: T:spade: J:club: J:spade:

UTG+2 bets $5.24 (AI), Hero calls $5.24

RIVER ($15.53) T:diamond: T:spade: J:club: J:spade: 7:diamond:

i was so pissed with this hand... he could easy had TT or JJ here as the preflop action whent... the only reason i called (i was not tilled or could not fold AA) was cause his aggression was 14... so i was thinking its very possible to have JJ TT here but he could easily bluffing too

was really close to folding i called like last second
  • 5 replies
    • lukezo
      lukezo
      Bronze
      I think you should put people on wider ranges, like in this case (apart from Tx) on many J-x, Q9,KQ,(98?). Maybe you should put in a Raise on the flop, since only Tx of this range beats you. I think it's correct to raise here, because his smallish Donk looks like a Blocking Bet.
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      cold calling my 3bet i think put him in a range of medium high poker pair or AK maybe that was my guess

true is that i could just raise on the flop but still he could shove and have the same situation
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello w4terman,

Of course time to time we will see here pure bluff but once again from those station-like guys who are rather passive players I wouldn't be surprised to see Jx/Tx here as well. :( Which just tries to make look like his hand is a bluff. :( Really hard Call for me on turn since I don't really see many hands what we beat. Obviously he may play QQ/KK this way but why wouldn't be just get it in preflop with them and not even 3bet?

Therefore myself I guess I'd even make the crying fold on turn unless I expect the opponent to bluff here or have some maniac tendency.

Best regards.
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      i was very supresed when he show AQ at the showdown i did not expect this hand for sure...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by w4terman
      i was very supresed when he show AQ at the showdown i did not expect this hand for sure...
      Only reason why I would be towards Calling here on turn is that if he even had FH then would be ship like this? But now again I have still seen those loose-passive guys picking such a line even with made FH. :( That's why it's actually pretty important to at least have a small image/stats from the opponent.