[NL20-NL50] AK Vs steal

• fotakis
      fotakis
      Bronze
      fotakis

CO is a nit with11/9/4 attSt19 FoldtoResteal62%.
      Preflo I 4b/c, because I thought that his range could be looser and he tries to steal.
      After he checks flop, I bet small because I want to give good pot odds to call and not to represent my hand.
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($51.26)
      BB ($10.35)
      UTG ($25)
      UTG+1 ($10.25)
      UTG+2 ($10)
      MP1 ($25)
      CO ($25)
      Hero ($37.21)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: K:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, fold, CO raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $10, CO calls $6.50

FLOP ($20.35) A:diamond: A:club: T:club:

CO checks, Hero bets $6, CO raises to $15 (AI), Hero calls $9

TURN ($50.35) A:diamond: A:club: T:club: T:heart:

RIVER ($50.35) A:diamond: A:club: T:club: T:heart: 6:club:
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Nh
      Standard play with AK. I´d likely would 4-bet smaller to 8$ to give him option shove over AQ/AJ or call these hands oop
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello fotakis,

Kinda close I'd say. I might even not go for a 3bet here at all! Against such a nit what do you expect him to continue? Most likely he will continue only with very strong range. Myself I'd rather prefer calling while we even have the position. But of course it's not pure out of question when he makes the min-raise so basically depends on previous actions of his. I'd rather keep smaller Ax hands in the hand.

Only reason to 3bet here is that he went for the min-raise. :)

As played what's the opponents 4bet? Since you ain't 4betting, you are 5betting. You practically just isolating yourself against very strong hands here while we are against a nit which I am not a big fan.

Best regards.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      don´t really see why 11/9 shoudl min-raise with AA, so likely would still prefer 3-bet. If you think his 4-bet range is always for value KK+ then you can consider folding.
    • fotakis
      fotakis
      Bronze
      Considering that his steal attemps from CO is 19% , can we assume that his 4-bet range is KK+?
      Shouldn't we have to think that he will also take into account that we are weak players?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fotakis
      Considering that his steal attemps from CO is 19% , can we assume that his 4-bet range is KK+?
      Shouldn't we have to think that he will also take into account that we are weak players?
      - no, it should be wider to QQ (maybe even TT+), AK, if you had 3-betting him a lot then also AQ

- if he has seen you 3-bet/folding, he may easily try there 4-bet bluffing, so I think 5-bet with AK is perfectly fine.