[NL2-NL10] My first noticebale amount I have won i thought i would share

• wittsy171
      So im playing 5/10c on party poker and i have bought in for $3. I am kind of using the sss but also mixing it up a little so i actually get paid on the big hands. But my party poker stats over 300 hands was showing that i folded 76% of the time pre flop so i was playing tight and it was my first time at this limit.

my bankroll is the starting capital of $50.00

im quite new to the real money game, i use to play on facebook poker applications. I dont know if i made the right play or just got lucky i think on the turn i should have just got it all in but i dont know?

My opennent
      I wasnt sure about because i either cant remember seeing him play a hand or i was not paying attention. I remember him 3 betting a few times in mid/late position but he very rarely went to the flop.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
      CO posts deadblind, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, CO checks, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, MP2 calls $0.40, CO folds.

Flop: ($1.2) 9, K, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, MP2 calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.4) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, MP2 calls $1.80.

River: ($6) T (2 players)
      Hero raises to $0.99, MP2 calls $0.99.

Final Pot: $7.98.
      Results follow:

MP2 shows a pair of tens(J T).
      Hero shows three of a kind, kings(K K).

Hero wins with three of a kind, kings(K K).
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Hello wittsy171!

If one buys in for 30bb++, we should have the starthandchart of MSS ready to play it like pokerstrategy suggests. For people who use this new strategy it yields the best results and minimizes the errors!

In this hand you have KK, a great hand so we raise preflop. nothing to comment here.

On the Flop we hit topset and even tho the board is quite dry, we still should valuebet. I like 60cent aka 50% pot :)

On the Turn we should continue betting like you did. And on the River we go for the final bet: all-in!

In the end I like the way you played , keep it up! :f_cool:

- Gerv