[NL2-NL10] 2nl, fr, JJ

• DrDunne
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with J:diamond: , J:club:
      Hero raises to $0.10, 6 folds, BB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.61) Q:spade: , 6:club: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.38, BB raises to $1.67 (All-In), Hero calls $1.29.

Turn: ($3.95) Q:club:
      River: ($3.95) T:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.95

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, queens and jacks (Jd Jc)
      BB shows (As Kh)

Hero wins with two-pair, queens and jacks (Jd Jc)

i decided on the flop if he has AA, KK he doesnt plan a check/raise. if he has QQ he maybe check raises but it is unlikely he has this hand and even more unlikely if he check raises all in because he would want me to call and shipping it only scares me off right? so i genuinely did think my JJ were good here i really didn't see what he was check raising all in here with. was this good play or a little too risky?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello DrDunne,

I don't like your Call at all preflop even being OOP. Also unless I know the opponent perfectly well I wouldn't 4bet either or even Call. But rather just fold since at the best we get a coinflip anyways here.

But as played I don't like your play that much. Why didn't you get it in preflop? If you planning to go broke on such a flop.

Best regards.
    • DrDunne
      looking back on it i can't think why i did call his 3bet preflop. i don't really see what worse hands he is 3betting with so i will remember this situation and fold it next time. after being in the coaching last night and hearing you guys talk about how bad calling a 3bet is preflop i now know this was not good of me to do. thanks for the evaluation - i need to think more about my game while im playing.