BB: $10.15
      UTG: $10.30
      Hero (UTG+1): $10.00
      MP: $19.20
      CO: $10.05
      BTN: $10.10

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:spade: Q:heart:

UTG calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, MP calls $0.50, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.65, 3 players) J:club: 8:spade: T:spade:
      UTG bets $0.82, Hero calls $0.82, MP calls $0.82

Turn: ($4.11, 3 players) 3:diamond:
      UTG bets $2.35, Hero calls $2.35, fold

River: ($8.81, 2 players) A:heart:
      UTG bets $3.61, fold

I think that I totally fucked this hand. In my opinion I should have rr on the flop. what do u think?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

The problem with raising the flop is that you are practically just isolating yourself against better hands. Which I don't like at all. There are already a lot of made hands which easily beat you. I'd rather be inclined to play the same way as you did. Not much you can do here. :(

If the bet on turn would be bigger then I might even be inclined to fold my hand.

Best regards.
    • kinkink220
      kinkink220
      Bronze
      Hello veriz, would you please explain which made hands beat him on the flop/turn. I can't understand the reason for not reraising the flop against a limp/call & donk halfpot opponent... Shouldn't hero protect on that flop?

I would appreciate an explanation :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by kinkink220
      Hello veriz, would you please explain which made hands beat him on the flop/turn. I can't understand the reason for not reraising the flop against a limp/call & donk halfpot opponent... Shouldn't hero protect on that flop?

I would appreciate an explanation :)
      a) If he is a thinking player he wouldn't even continue with draws or TP type of hands. Maybe at the best if he finds some kind of odds then might continue with draws.
      b) We are beaten by like A LOT of hands? Any Q9 which gives already straight (of course it's not that likely while we have the Q but still a chance). 88/TT,JJ,JT. Even against T9 or some 89 we don't have that great equity.

So practically it's against some decent range a flip anyways but while it could be too dangerous for us to raise the flop without knowing the opponent. What if he opponent is some passive guy?