[NL2-NL10] Nl2 FR 33

• mizeriq
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3:spade: , 3:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.01, BB raises to $0.09, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.07.

Flop: ($0.20) A:spade: , A:club: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.2, BB calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.60) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.09, BB calls $0.09.

River: ($0.78) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.78, BB raises to $1.70 (All-In), Hero raises to $4.26 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $4.18

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and threes (3s 3d)
      BB shows (Kh Qh)

Hero wins with two-pair, aces and threes (3s 3d)

I guess it was time to post my first hand for evaluation. I played this one some time ago and even though I won, I still think it's because I got lucky and not because I played well, but at the same time I have no idea how I should've played.

He had a relatively high ORL, so he was most likely trying to take the pot preflop with a weak hand.
      I was going for bet/fold on the flop with a pot size bet, so I would make him think I have an ace and he could've folded a pocket pair or if he didn't believe me, he would raise with a pocket pair or AX and I would know he has me beat. Pot size bets on low stakes usually mean the player is willing to go broke, so a raise was likely even from a passive player like him, if he had a good hand. He called, so that left me with no real idea about his hand.
      My hand isn't really strong, so not investing too much and making him think I was bluffing seemed like a good idea on the turn, but he called that one, too.
      He was too passive and with a high ORL, it was very likely he had nothing, so I made another pot sized bet.
      I felt that folding to his all-in wasn't really an option. He wasn't likely to have 77 or A7, since he would've showed some aggression, because I played limp/call and was willing to put money in the pot. 7X was possible, but not very likely.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello mizeriq,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Flop: Most likely I wouldn't even donk the flop. If I even would donk it then most likely wouldn't make it pot size. Most likely at the best just Check/Call.

As played
      Turn: You went for a pot size on flop although you don't make a huge bet on turn? Why is that? I'd still continue betting here for free showdowns most likely if I did bet the flop. ~$0,40 most likely.

As played
      River: From what worse do you expect to get called from here if you making it pot size bet? Also the opponent rather seems to be pretty passive guy. I don't like the hero-call here that much. For me it would be rather a check on river since I don't really see many worse hands Calling you anyways and reevaluating further actions from him.

Best regards.