totaly lost elephant isnt working help !

• fergieuk1
      fergieuk1
      Bronze
      runnin through windows 7 downloaded elephant set up a destination folder with party poker started playin two cash tables little box in the missle of each table statin " info will come up after a few hands time " this was over two hours ago so i tried to open elephant and it wont open it jus flashes the load page then nothing happens really confused wat to do ! any help atal wud b greatly appricaited i am noob with stuff like this !

thanks in advance!
  • 7 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey fergieuk1,

first of all - welcome to the forums.

So your current problem is PokerStrategy.com Elephant not starting at all?

I guess it's still starting up fine since you can see the tableaverage window - so we have to figure out the following:

- Are your hands imported automatically during live play?
      - Is your pokerroom nickname entered correctly to settings -> sites?
      - Do you start any pokerclient and PokerStrategy.com Elephant with administrator privileges?
      - PartyPoker saves your handhistory?

You can check for the correct path to your Partypoker handhistory in PokerStrategy.com Elephant under 'Configuration'.
    • fergieuk1
      fergieuk1
      Bronze
      thank you for the reply and the welcome mrk1988 , lookin forward to improvein my game with pokerstrategy!

not quite sure whats happend but when i switched it back on this morning , it came on no problem atall , all the hand historys wer there and the hud stats came up this time around each player , so all seems well now thanks

now iv jus gota learn how to read the stats and use the tool effictively lol
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      :s_thumbsup:

Good luck on the tables!
    • delanonunes
      delanonunes
      Gold
      Hi guys sorry for jumping on this thread, but i can't take anymore have de-installed and re-installed elephant and postgres about a thousand times now...it was working briefly only the other day and then suddenly everything vanished...i've been trawling threads for days now trying to figure it out...i've deleted everything and started fresh so many times and just when i'm almost there, the stack builder opens and says " URL: could not be found " or something along those lines. The elephant keeps on saying " not successful, service isn't started, i've looked in services and nothings there. Do i need to log on as admin to start the service? Is that why i can't find it?
      I'm not the greatest with computers but i can find my way around a little, i am now sooo close to giving up it's depressing me.....i can't give up though, i need to plug leaks in my game and crack on with the rest of this sites amazing offerings but i can't get past this elephant business....am tearing my hair out(what little i have left after all this trauma).....
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delanonunes
      Hi guys sorry for jumping on this thread, but i can't take anymore have de-installed and re-installed elephant and postgres about a thousand times now...it was working briefly only the other day and then suddenly everything vanished...i've been trawling threads for days now trying to figure it out...i've deleted everything and started fresh so many times and just when i'm almost there, the stack builder opens and says " URL: could not be found " or something along those lines. The elephant keeps on saying " not successful, service isn't started, i've looked in services and nothings there. Do i need to log on as admin to start the service? Is that why i can't find it?
      I'm not the greatest with computers but i can find my way around a little, i am now sooo close to giving up it's depressing me.....i can't give up though, i need to plug leaks in my game and crack on with the rest of this sites amazing offerings but i can't get past this elephant business....am tearing my hair out(what little i have left after all this trauma).....
      Hey delanonunes,

please log on to your adminstrator accounts to install postgreSQL and PokerStrategy.com Elephant. This may help with any problems caused by the postgreSQL installer. Also, please tell me the exact error message you get during or after the installation of postgreSQL. "URL could not be found" doesn't sound like anything related to postgreSQL or PokerStrategy.com Elephant.
    • delanonunes
      delanonunes
      Gold
      hi thanks so much for your reply...i've been at it all day AGAIN, when i tried installing from administrator i got a message saying i didnt have permission, so i tried normally and got as far as service config page then got an account error : Invalid username specified:logon failure:unknown username or bad password.....the username was "postgres" and it wouldn't let me change it just kept flashing up account error, that was when i tried installing as a service, when i unchecked the install as service box, it looked like it was going to work, then again i got
      "Stack Builder Error; Failed to open the application list: http://www.postgresql.org/application.xml
      error: Thr URL specified could not be opened

am now more confused than ever...am i ever going to be able to do this??? :( :( :(
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delanonunes
      hi thanks so much for your reply...i've been at it all day AGAIN, when i tried installing from administrator i got a message saying i didnt have permission, so i tried normally and got as far as service config page then got an account error : Invalid username specified:logon failure:unknown username or bad password.....the username was "postgres" and it wouldn't let me change it just kept flashing up account error, that was when i tried installing as a service, when i unchecked the install as service box, it looked like it was going to work, then again i got
      "Stack Builder Error; Failed to open the application list: http://www.postgresql.org/application.xml
      error: Thr URL specified could not be opened

am now more confused than ever...am i ever going to be able to do this??? :( :( :(
      I've added you in the community. As soon as you accept my invitation as a 'friend' I'll be able to send you my contact information so I can help you via Desktop remote software. I'll handle this for you as soon as you contact me via skype.