• totalfish
      hi everyone!

i'm "totalfish" i'm 21 years old(almost), i'm from Greece and i study economics.

i play poker about 3 years. i have won almost 1000$ from tourneys and sit n go when i played on full tilt and fortunatly i have cash out 800$ and the other i have lost them playing cash game but i didn't have a clue about cash games then.

my biggest achievment was a free entrance to the 750.000$ gtd (200$ buy in if i remember well) gtd starting from a sattelite worth 5ftp.but i was elliminated in the begginig when i went all in after some raises, with kk and villain has jj and he hit the third J on the river. thats the worst bad beat i had so far mainly because of the big prize pool of the tourney.

now i have take the quiz and the free 50$ starting capital from and i have moved up to 300$ almost, playing mostly cash games on WH.
  • 3 replies
    • totalfish
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

i like the competition, i play poker as a hobby, its a game that gladdens me.
      i think that somehow this game is similar to the real life for example if you want to be succesfull in both, you must have Discipline, self control, put goals, good psychology, etc. and thats the most important reason that makes me love this game.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

many lol!!! well the first thing that comes to my head is that i Want to see the showdown too much. i cant laydown very easy hand like AA, KK, QQ, TPTK, 2pairs, in very dangerous boards even when i know i'm beaten, i just want to see what my opponent is holding, i guess i'm too curious.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive?

hmm imo to play TAG means to play a small percentage of hands, only premium hands in the right position and play them aggressively.
    • purplefizz
      hi totalfish,

welcome to the beginner's school! nice to see you here :)
      hopefully you will be able to learn something valuable here in the weeks to come.

• veriz
      Hello totalfish,

It's a common leak to overplay marginal hands. This will definitely be fixed with time and experience. One option would be more active on the hand evaluation forums and try to get the understanding even faster.

Welcome to the Course and Good luck! First points earned.