Game selection?

• sp00nman
      sp00nman
      Bronze
      Hello,

It has been my habit to game select whenever I load sets. In the pokerstars lobby, I try not to join games whenever I see opened SNGs, usually by regs mass-tabling the same limit(I only started playing the $1.50 turbos again) and start loading from the bottom. Had some good results but I am not sure if this is just pure coincidence.

I think if all regulars do this, the games would be a lot softer. I am sure that ROI would increase but not sure about the hourly$ as game selection would definitely impact the # of games that you could play in an hour.

And oh, by the way, I've seen a couple of regs do the same thing when they see me load my set. I think it's just courteous =)

Do you guys game select? And if so, how much did this impact your ROI / hourly rate? I would love to hear from you winning players.
  • 1 reply
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      I think everybody games selects and doesn't sit on the table once there are 4-5 regs already registered to a tournament. I don't think there are many regs on 1.50's and if they are they pretty much suck or else they wouldn't be playing 1's sicne the rake is way to high to have any type of decent hourly.

But yeah once you get to 11's and 22's it will really effect your ROI if you sit on a table with 5-6 other regs then when you sit on a table with only 2-3 regs.