[NL2-NL10] [MSS SH] Q2o freeplay - top pair

• viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Villain: 46/1/6.0/10
      VP/PF/AF/WTSD
      72 hands

Some hands ago I bluffed a dry limped pot and he raised me.

He was a bit agressive in freeplays so I decided to check and let him bluff his weak hands. I usually think my opponentes are bluffing when they bet very agressively (pot size e.g.).

I thought a lot in the river but decided to call. Could I have called 3 streets in a spot like this with TP no kicker?

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($9.63)
      UTG+1 ($12.13)
      CO ($5.57)
      BTN ($10.72)
      SB ($15.31)
      viccini (BB) ($4.46)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) viccini is BB Q:heart: 2:club:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.10, 2 folds, viccini checks

Flop: 6:spade: Q:club: 9:diamond: ($0.25, 2 players)
      viccini checks, CO bets $0.25, viccini calls $0.25

Turn: 10:heart: ($0.75, 2 players)
      viccini checks, CO bets $0.75, viccini calls $0.75

River: 3:diamond: ($2.25, 2 players)
      viccini checks, CO bets $2.50, viccini calls $2.50
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello,

The decision comes on the Turn. If you call the Turn and anticipate a bet on the river, you have to call both or just fold on the Turn.

So with your bluffy reads, you can make the bluffcatch altho you have to be very very sure he bluffs a lot with this sizing since you need to be good 33% which is a lot

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hello,

The decision comes on the Turn. If you call the Turn and anticipate a bet on the river, you have to call both or just fold on the Turn.

So with your bluffy reads, you can make the bluffcatch altho you have to be very very sure he bluffs a lot with this sizing since you need to be good 33% which is a lot

Best regards,
      Gerv
      Ok. So if I call the turn I can't fold the river anymore? Can you tell me more about that please? I almost folded the river...

He had A8o btw =)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viccini
      Ok. So if I call the turn I can't fold the river anymore? Can you tell me more about that please?
      I think most aggro fish will bet 1 or bet 3 streets. So calling the Turn hoping he will check back and give up his bluffs is wishful thinking

- Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Originally posted by viccini
      Ok. So if I call the turn I can't fold the river anymore? Can you tell me more about that please?
      I think most aggro fish will bet 1 or bet 3 streets. So calling the Turn hoping he will check back and give up his bluffs is wishful thinking

- Gerv
      :s_thumbsup: thx!